What is wrong with my PC?

Solo

Broken In
Hello digit community,

Would you be so kind to tell me what I should upgrade/what is wrong with
my desktop. My desktop is a HP-Pavilion. I bought in 2008, so it's pretty old, but till this day it has survived thus I had my fair share of problems. So I been longing and fantasizing about buying a new desktop, pacifically a gaming desktop. My current budget is not allowing me. So let's say you had a 500$ budget to upgrade this HP-Pavilion desktop with these specs below:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs). ~ 2.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM
Total Physical MemoryL 6.00 B
Available Physical Memory 3.84 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.02 GB

Chip Type: Nvidia GeForce 210
Approx. Total Memory: 3802 MB
Adapter Ram 1.00 GB
Bits/Pixels: 32 bit
Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 59 hertz

Page File Space 6.00 GB

Boot Device /Device/HarddiskVolume1

System Type x64-based PC

700GB Harddrive

What would you consider upgrading? What are the cons and pros of this desktop? I for one know this desktop's video card is underrated. I want my PC leaning towards the gamer side. I would think this PC would barely run Witcher 2 but it performed below expectations, very slow animation ingame and laggy scenes. Therefore I know pretty much this computer will be casual gaming.
Much appreciation for any help in advance.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? My PC will have many use, multi-tasking much. Audio editing programs, occasionally 3-6 software/programs opened at times. Casual gaming , to be able to play games like, witcher 2, skyrim, battlefield 3, modern warfare 3, basically all the new releases. To be able to play them at 30 FPS (playable FPS) would be wonderful, but moreover FPS will be welcomed. Top of my head I will run applications Daemon tool, iTunes, Google Chrome, Tuneup Utilities and AVG security.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
500$

3. Planning to overclock?
Not for me.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Window 7 Home

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
How much hard drive is needed for what?
Harddrive is not a problem to me.
My current harddrive is good enough.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
No, my monitor is good enough. It's resolution is 1680 x 1050.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
harddrive.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
As soon as possible.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
I customized this pavilion HP I own before bought.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
I live in NYC, but prefer to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Is the "SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE Graphics Card" a good buy on my current spec.

P.S. if thou need more information about this PC, by all means comment.

Top Bottom