What is Unlocking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

khin007

Journeyman
anybody plese tell me detail about unlocking.. what is mean by unlocking?? whay do we unlock???

i saw it many places...

thrash_metal

In the zone
Mobile operators (like Airtell , Idea , etc ) have a tie ups with manufacturers like Nokia , Se , etc . Now in this tie ups - u i.e the customer gets the phone + the service connection at a discounted price . The phone is locked so that it will run only on that one network .... wont run on other networks ... certainly one operator wouldnt want u to buy a phone thr their discount and then go to another operator !! So they lock it .

Also many times phones when they come from the factory are locked by the companies .. so that even if they are stolen .. people cannot use em . When you purchase / order a phone ..... it is unlocked by the main dealer in ur City and sent it to you . ( I learnt this while buying my old SE T610 .... my dealer told me this )

Hope the above info helped you~

thrash_metal

In the zone
well my dealer told me .. the reason y i'm getting the phone late was that it was locked and it will be done when its unlocked !!

Sorry it was a t630 and i had ordered it before it was launched in India ! He told me all of what happens when u buy a phone ! I have actually never gone hitch hikeing to check this story out . On the other gig .. many people have told me this !

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think thrash is talking about imported phones only...
grey market all the way..(and by the way its illegal to unlock phones in such a manner)

indian phones imported by Nokia India Ltd. are not locked as it wwould take them a century to unlock each and every set...

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
champ_rock ..
true, Offically the locking thing doesnt exist in India ..

but guys remember all phones are never locked in any country
only those phones are locked which are requiered to be sold at special rate .. in tie-ups with operater

and the grey mkt product can be any shape ..
lock n unlock, bettery fault, non-compatibility huge things are attched to it..
there is point discoussing that

as far as locking is not officially here ..
no need to worry about! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom