What is the latest FPS game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey Icecoolz, I never mentioned AA was turned on while playing DOOM 3.But everyone knows for a casual gamer the FX 5200 is god.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I feel like a parrot ... I mentioned specifically what all happens with HL2 and a 5 series card and there are posts which go further into depth as to what it does. Second. 5200 is a cheap crap alternatvie for a gamer. Talk to any gamer, look up any gaming site and they will tell you how much the card sucks. The whole 5 series was a massive flop for Nvidia. Its common knowledge. Just search for it and see what it says....

mario_pant

In the zone
seriois sam II with minimum eye candy.... works gr8... by the way i have the same configuration as mentioned in the first post....
and i agree that XFX 500FX is a flop for nVidia...
but for me it is better than anything in my reach... at least it plays EVERYthing... even if i have to goto the least eye candt... it is AWSOME and cost effective.......

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey Icecoolz,Shorten up man there is no need to get excited,alright i agree FX 5200 sucks,its a big flop.There is no point in arguing for an unknown guy,who only wanted to know the latest FPS games.I dont have the FX 5200 so i dont want to say anything about it.Anyway there is no need to feel like a parrot,because y r 1.

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
Serius Sam 2

I am not very much familier with games but if I am not mistaken SS2 is the game in which Sam starts from under a pond right?? and a special sniper rifle was provided ?? If it is so then it ran on my 865gbf inbuilt graphics quite smoothly. We even hosted a game server in which the client machines were 865 GBF with p4-2.4ghz. and they were running realy smooth(with no stopping).How was that possible?

mandar5

Youngling
can anyone tell me...

Well as far as hl2 is concerned it runs fine on my 256mb ram and ati radeon 7000ve agp card.Only sometimes it hangs for 1-2 secs especiallyin highway 17 other wise it runs fine.I think 512 mb ram is enough for hl2.I havenot played doom3 or halo so i cannot comment.Can anyone tell me what r low settings?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
venkat1605 said:
Hey Icecoolz,Shorten up man there is no need to get excited,alright i agree FX 5200 sucks,its a big flop.There is no point in arguing for an unknown guy,who only wanted to know the latest FPS games.I dont have the FX 5200 so i dont want to say anything about it.Anyway there is no need to feel like a parrot,because y r 1.

Hey Icecoolz, I never mentioned AA was turned on while playing DOOM 3.But everyone knows for a casual gamer the FX 5200 is god.

Hey Icecoolz,I used to own a FX 5200 myself 11 months ago,now i have a X850XT PE(256 MB) because my brother works in ATI.I can assure HL2 runs smooth on FX5200,since there r no changes in the engine of BIA:EnB it will go okay in 800x600.Boiling Point I agree 15 FPS,but it surely does play.And one more thing i know what AA & AF means.My brother works for ATI technologies,i get a lot info from him something which even u dont know.I am sorry for being too harsh on u.Good Day.

Hey ICECOOLZ there's no very low settings in Doom 3 & Half-Life 2.I have seen Half Life 2 play comfortably on my friend's PC , he has a FX 5200 & Doom 3 medium settings will be cozier on it alright.First know then bluff.

All comments made by you... talk about confilcting stuff...U dont even have a clue as to what you say and your information fluctuates so much... sheesh... First...know your stuff first. I'm chill...however I think you need some serious research work to do. Dont go around posting such information. Not only are you misleading people, ur also wasting a lot of people's times here. Think b4 you post!

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey ICECOOLZ , i told u to stop it gag but it ain't gettin into ur head.It's useless to blah blah on some stuff worth nothin.And one more thing i am not conflicting stuff & as much as research is concerned i know my stuff

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@Venkat1605: Please, no flamebait. I know a lot of people playing Doom 3 and HL2 on a FX5200, and I personally own an FX5950 Ultra and an X800 XT PE, and I can assure you that while Doom 3 may work averagely with the FX series cards, HL2 will not. Since your brother works for ATI and you have an X850 XT PE, I am sure you would KNOW that playing on those cards makes the FX series look like a load of total cr@p.

And please try to stay professional in your arguments. Calling some other member a "bluffer", especially one that's senior and merits a "Brainiac" tag isn't really something that would sit well.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: Serius Sam 2

bukaida said:
I am not very much familier with games but if I am not mistaken SS2 is the game in which Sam starts from under a pond right?? and a special sniper rifle was provided ?? If it is so then it ran on my 865gbf inbuilt graphics quite smoothly. We even hosted a game server in which the client machines were 865 GBF with p4-2.4ghz. and they were running realy smooth(with no stopping).How was that possible?

the game u played was not serious sam 2 it was ,'serious sam : second encounter' . both games are different .. and serious samII needs better hardware than its predecessor ss:second encounter.

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey ENOONMAI,I apologised to ICECOOLZ in one of my posts for calling him a bluff.Everyone makes mistakes,he told DOOM 3 & HL 2 is almost impossible(very low settings) on a FX 5200 but i have personally seen it play okay on medium settings on a FX 5200.Well he is a brainiac i agree,but that was a mistake which everyone has to agree.Anyway i APOLOGISE to him once again & i want to be in good terms with him

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I agree that it PLAYS on a FX 5200, no doubt about it, but at a terrible price. Even Doom 3, which is OPTIMIZED for Nvidia cards, can only play the game at 640x480, with almost all the effects turned off, if you want playable framerates. So, a D3D game like HL2 plays just as terribly. For Icecoolz, a guy who owns a 6800 GT, and is used to playing all the games at 1024x768 or higher with every effect turned on, you have to understand that playing at such low settings is worse than not playing it at all. And I tend to agree with him on this one. Take a game like F.E.A.R., you turn off the effects and there's pretty much absolutely no point to the game. In any case, I am happy that you are willing to work your differences out, which is how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom