What is The Difference Between IPv6 and IPv4? HOW WILL IT EFFECT MY MACHINE ?

deus

Broken In
I WANT TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IPv4 AND IPv6 AND HOW WILL IT EFFECT MY NEW MACHINE'S CONFIGURATION IF I WANT OT BUY A NEW MACHINE, BOTH ON THE SOFTWARE FRONT AND HARDWARE FRONT. PLZ GIVE SOME THOUGHT ON THAT.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You can check Wikipedia for difference. It is merely technical. Normally all machines on market nowadays support both IPV4 and IPV6.

Rajesh345

Youngling
If you are.going to purchase Router then you have to make sure it support ipv6. but most todays
routers supports it

amjath

Human Spambot
Currently software and hardware supports IP V6. Since we run out of IP v4, v6 come into picture.

v4 uses 32 bits which means it can support 2^32 IP addresses in total — around 4.29 billion everything sold out.

V6 uses 128 bits which means it can support 2^128 IP address - around 3.4* 10^38.

So are we gonna change to v6 or use it? Not precisely. We still start with 192.168.1.1 for home network. If we get a broadband connection we don't get static ip. If u buy a static IP address u still get a v4 cause operators still have some left. If u get a static IP from new broadband companies u may get a chance of getting v6.

Example v6: 1050:0000:0000:0000:0005:0600:300c:326b

Top Bottom