what is sitemap?

abhidev

Human Spambot
its basically to define/show the hierarchical structure of the website. Its mainly used for search engines so that they can crawl your entire website.

lemondew

Right off the assembly line
Sitemap is basically an xml file which tells search engine the page structure. This makes it easier for crawling for search engines. it is not mandatory to add sitemap. My website saupra.com is popular but I havent made a sitemap :).

Dhanishta

Banned
Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about their website pages on their websites,which are available for crawling.It is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each URL,so that search engines can more intelligently crawl the site.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It is similar to the index at the end of every book and it works in the same way.
I can't remember any simpler way to explain.

louisgarcia

Broken In
A sitemap is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It can be either a document in any form used.

alluremedspa123

Right off the assembly line
A site map is a visual model of a Web site's content that allows the users to navigate through the site to find the information they are looking for

Sweves

Broken In
can anyone tell me briefly about the sitemap? why do we use sitemap for website? what are the advantages of sitemap?

A sitemap is a page in your website where you can find the list of pages/posts of the website. Sitemap makes it easier for the crawlers and users to navigate your website.

Top Bottom