what is difference between transcend 2k and 4k price 4gb RAM

obireddy46413

Right off the assembly line
could you let me know any performance issues with these 4gb ram of transcend or kingston 4k and 2k price ram other than warranty..im upgarding my laptop
from 200gb to 500gb using my brother laptop old hard disk 500gb of inspiron..is it compatable for my vostoro 1014
Intel Core 2 Duo processor. @2.1gHz..

Also let me know best & Cheap 500GB hard disk

Thanks in advance

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Depends on the RAM frequency and latency. Also, you can't put desktop rams into your laptop's ram slot.

As for the HDD, getting a 1 TB HDD would be much better as you get double the space for just 10-15% price difference.

tkin

Back to school!!
What models? Ping us the model links. 10% plus minus is ok, that much means something is odd. Check the speeds and type.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
do.not.buy.transcend.ram
the chances of getting a fake piece is over 9000

Get Corsair instead.. no Corsair fakes so far, well atleast as far as i know

OP
O

obireddy46413

Right off the assembly line
Thank you ... also kindly let me know can i reuse my old 500gb hard disk of inspiron to upgarding my laptop
from 200gb to 500gb ..is it compatable for my vostoro 1014

old hard disk had performance issues..can it be repaired

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If the old HDD is SATA laptop hdd with proper dimensions, it should be compatible with your laptop. For performance issues, post a screen shot of HD Tune running some random read/write tests and Drive health. Most issues arise due to bad sectors and if the HDD is in warranty, get it replaced.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Transcend RMA is not good. I bought their RAMs once but never again. If someone has a good story to tell then do that here.

DK_WD

WD Official
could you let me know any performance issues with these 4gb ram of transcend or kingston 4k and 2k price ram other than warranty..im upgarding my laptop
from 200gb to 500gb using my brother laptop old hard disk 500gb of inspiron..is it compatable for my vostoro 1014

Thanks in advance

Hi [MENTION=320445]obireddy46413[/MENTION],

I agree with SaiyanGoku. The difference between the RAM's could be a specification and Single or Dual Channels. The Channel is helping to increase the performance.

In real world terms you will get a 5-20% performance increase with dual channel when running benchmarks. You probably won't notice it in terms of speed though. So no need to worry to much regarding channels, but its good to have the Dual channel because it can do more and do it faster. The basically dual channel has two roads to move information compared to one road.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Thanks in advance

obireddy46413 Never buy Transcend products especially RAM buy Kingston or Corsair RAM.

Top Bottom