What happened to Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica ?

sree01

Broken In
What happened to Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica ? Did samsung killed this model ?or Is they stopped it to sell out i7500 ?

jetboy

Journeyman
@sree01 : This has been a mystery for all of us...we have left the hope for it. Maybe we will need to wait for I5800.

vulpine

Broken In
@sree01 and jetboy

Im getting a feeling that my spica's resale value will be more than the price I bought it for.

Wat say? :grin:

jainanshal

Right off the assembly line
@sree01 and jetboy

Im getting a feeling that my spica's resale value will be more than the price I bought it for.

:razz: i wish!!

But this thing is scaring me.. is it not available being sold out or is it something from Samsung? Its still quite a new model & imo developed quite a rage, and since they introduced it after i7500 so i see no sense in killing this model for selling i7500 (i7500 looks to me like a waste as compared to i5700)!!

Hey Samsung whats the matter??

Hey guys any news of i5700 getting Froyo? Any unofficial upgrade available?
Since Eclair i havnt done anything with my Spica, hands getting itchy now!! :grin:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
Samsung confirmed long back that they were testing Froyo on Spica,even Leshak's already released quite a few Experimental builds for Spica, so rest assured you should be running Froyo on your spica soon :))

Regarding availability of Spica, I inquired with local Samsung dealer in my town, he says Spica is available, not yet stopped. My friend bought one last week from him.

My guess is that Samsung might kill Spica, to improve sales of the new Galaxy's I5800 etc. Mind you they did the same to Galaxy I7500 When they released Spica.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

@sree01 and jetboy

Yeah me too feeling the same, I think its good time to sell our Spica :))

vulpine

Broken In
@sriharsha
AFAIK there's an official announcement from samsung that froyo is not coming to spica, in their latest update.

What leshak is working on is a froyo build taken from G1. Its still is in alpha stage. And not all radios working. How much time it takes for a final build? God knows.
Bcas its very difficult to make all drivers working.

Ravidt007

Right off the assembly line
Hi everybody.

I'm also searching for SPICA.

I was reading your reviews from from several days.

I got one SPICA from dealer. But dealer says that it was opened to show some customer. He is ready to verifiy that piece from SAMSUNG auth. dealer.

He is offering in 12.4K.

Kindly suggest.

Top Bottom