what extra I need with MCA?

rashu

Right off the assembly line
Well, I am in 3rd sem of MCA (from distance)and I want to know that which language course I should opt for?

Baker

Albicelestes
myself MCA pass out of 2007...
i will say rather than going for any advance courses , make your fundamentals strong...
OS concepts
networking
C programming [especially data structures]
and test ur aptitude skillls

this should be sufficient for getting in to any company

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Have some expertise on these following topics till your course ends.

Data structures,
Algorithms and Analysis,
Operating Systems,
Computer Networks,
C Programming,
Object Oriented Programming,
Database Management systems,
Compilers (Optional),
Distributed Computing (Optional),
Microprocessors (Optional)

reddick

Mobile Freak
Guys my brother is in 12th standard hving Arts vid no maths. Can he pursue 4 MCA? If yes, How?
Thx a lot

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Having an MCA, many companies are more than happy to hire you. Having specialization helps, but they will train you into whatever technology they use anyway.

Guys my brother is in 12th standard hving Arts vid no maths. Can he pursue 4 MCA? If yes, How?
Thx a lot

Not sure, but I think you need Maths. AFAIK, you can get into MCA via B.Com as well, as long as you opt for Maths.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Thx a lot

If no maths in 12th std, then forget the MCA option, atleast for Maharashtra State CET. But you can find out eligibility for other state entrance exams, including MAMI exam.

Having maths at 12 standard is a must for MCA. Even if your graduation may be in different stream, it will not matter much for getting into MCA.

devx

Back on TDF :)
Brother., i think you should have been specialized before in any lang. when you were graduating., anyways what i suggest is first go for the interested lang. & networking is not going to help till you be the good in troubleshooting server problems (windows/Linux)., i guess you'r more familiar with C., OOPS., DBMS., Java., .Net., HTML., so try as Baker said make your fundamentals strong than go for any of these or try something more hard like Phython / Pearl (Very less programmer are best in it) :-D

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
If you have completed BCA, that means you are having the knowledge of basic things like programming languages, fundamentals and applications, etc.

There's nothing like you must have to complete BCA for MCA, but if you have done BCA, it will be just a revision of topics in MCA and hence it will be easy to get higher score in MCA. As you know, if you are having good number of marks, you will face less competition.

Top Bottom