What equipments need UPS/Spikebuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,

I have the following equipment at office and home and need to figure out which ones need spike buster or UPS and which ones dont...

1. Computers all have UPS...
2. (A1 size) Plotters have UPS connection because I dont want the printing to stop midway when power goes off
3. Do Laserjet and Inkjet Printers need Surge Protection?
4. Do Dot Matrix Printers need any protection?
5. Network switches have UPS connections at office because people often work over LAN and I dont want data to get broken as far as possible.
6. TV has stabiliser
7. Does Home Theater System need Surge Protection?
8. Does Laptop need a Surge Protection or does it have some inbuilt protection?
9. The EPABX has UPS connection because otherwise phone calls get interrupted during conversation.
10. (4.1 Creative) Speakers have Spike Buster protection.
11. Broadband modem has surge protection. Is this necessary?

Please give comments and reasons...

Thanks in advance
Arun

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
One more thing, how to identify if the spike buster is working or not... And how often is it necessary to check if fuse is fine?

Arun

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Just a little pointer, UPS manufacturers discourage connecting printers (basically any peripheral with an adapter) to the UPS.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Ok, I have set laserjet printers to connect by spikebuster and not UPS. Similarly, Laptop also I am connecting by spikebuster because I read in one site that the AC Adaptor cannot handle spikes...

Now, in UPSes, there is a W rating and a VA rating. What is the difference between the two?

I have a few computers that are old and use 14" Mono Monitors. What would be the W/VA input for these? Also, for newer computers (Sempron64, Athlon XP, etc) with 15" Color Monitors, what would be the W/VA input?

Thanks in advance
Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom