What do you think about this NVIDIA & Digit Optimized PC Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
This is just to discuss about the recently announced 'NVIDIA & Digit Optimized PC Contest' which went live...like yesterday?

My first thoughts after reading the title was that it was some sort of jig which we usually do on forums -- prepare a system configuration in a specified budget. Only difference would be we have to write it down on paper and send it across to Digit for a "review" and the best entries win a prize. But I was so wrong!

Before we start discussing, please have a read through their procedure and T&Cs:

Contest Details: The budget is the only thing that is fixed. Feel free to use your grey cells to build an Optimized PC within a budget of Rs. 22000*, excluding the cost of the monitor, Keyboard and Mouse.

Send across your masterpiece to any of Digit Test Centre at Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata or Cochin. If your PC withstands the rigorous 3D Mark and PC Mark tests conducted at the Digit Test Centre lab, you could win exciting Cash Prizes!!!

What’s more the first 100 entries will receive gift vouchers worth Rs. 3000/- each, irrespective of the test results!!!

Terms & Conditions: Participants will be responsible for delivering the PC (excluding monitor, Keyboard and Mouse) to the nearest Digit Office as per addresses given below. The PC will be returned the same day either to the person who has delivered it or by courier at our cost but we do not take ownership of any risk. The organizer will not be responsible for any damage that may occur while transporting the system back to the contestant. All PCs received after September 15, 2008 will be disqualified. Winners will be announced in the Digit magazine and through personal correspondence by first week of October 2008. Digit / NVIDIA will have the right to reject any entry without assigning any reason whatsoever. The contest is not open to NVIDIA employees, Digit employees and their families. This contest is being organized for and behalf of NVIDIA. All disputes shall be subject to Bangalore jurisdiction. The organizer will not be responsible for any damage that may occur while testing the system. For queries, please mail to arpita.ganguli@9dot9.in

Am I the only one who finds this VERY ODD? I don't get it. Even if someone is willing to build a new system or send over their old "optimized cabinet" to Digit, then what? Digit runs some synthetic benchmarks on it and awards prizes based on the stress test? Vague. And the rules don't even say anything about proving if the PC was really built within INR 22,000. Nor do they mention any criteria for winning. Which makes me wonder if this really is a contest.

I don't want to get into discussions about logistics, reason for participation, the brands associated and other hassles. Just trying to make sense of this contest. Sounds very LAME to be honest. I hope Digit can shed some light here. Share your views, please. Great marketing for NVIDIA delivered by Digit?

Would you participate in something like this (assuming digit has a test center in your city/town)?

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont think this is gonna have many entries. Who will go through the expense and hassle of assembling a PC and the risk of sending it over.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I m entering in this contest. All digit has to do is to read my "Ultra low cost Value PC" config in tutorial section & make one themselve, benchmark & if I win send me the prize money :D

Davidboon

In the zone
i cant understand who the hell will assemble a new computer for this contest, well this competition will receive very few responses or none. im out of takin this trouble.
i agree with pathik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom