What do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hi to all,
I'm in agreat dilema. I'm planning to add a 512MB RAM to my config. but here's the story so far...
when i added a 256MB RAM to my existing 128 MB RAM, the video memory boosted from 32 MB to 64 MB. My mobo is Intel 845 GVSR, (I cannot change my mobo due to some restrictions) which has on-board graphic card. After increase in Video memory also, i'm not getting satisfied results while playing games.So I've decided to add another 512 to 256 MB and remove 128.
In your view will the Video memory boost up again? Should i add 512Mb RAM for better game performance ?
I'm doing all this to increase speed and play new games like HL2, NFS UG2, GTA San Adreas,TM Nations

My PC Config:
Intel 845 GVSR chipset with on-board Video card and sound card;
Intel Pentium 4, 2.40 GHz;

Please i need help...
Your friend.:)

blackleopard92

In the zone
only video memory isn't the criteria for faster gaming.Video Memory is the storage space for storing texture/stuff.

If the graphics chipset isn't powerful enough to handle(like yours) data, it will be of no use.Its like trying to row titanic! :p

I would suggest u need to get a graphics card for your system, and if it dosen't support then u need to change the graphics card.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
the video memory will not increase if u increase ur RAM,because the 845 integrated graphics supports a maximum of 64 MB VRAM.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The onboard RAM in the 845 Motherboard is capped to 64MB of sharing but even if it could be inreased you wouldnt have experienced much of a performance difference.The onboard sharing system is quite limited as it has to take the load from the Physical Memory and then draw complex textures of the game which is a tedious task.If you had a dedicated card then the results would vary depending on the cards make and Video memory.So if you have a AGP slot which I suppose must be a 4X slot,then better get a AGP card to boost a bit of your game's performance.Addding more Physical ram wont be a solution.

forever

filth is me
is there any way i can overclock my onboard graphics card, i have an intel 82845G card, there aint no way i can go above 64, so is there any way i could make it run faster ..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
forever said:
is there any way i can overclock my onboard graphics card, i have an intel 82845G card, there aint no way i can go above 64, so is there any way i could make it run faster ..
Hell No!
May be the Processors clock speed and stuff but not with the Mainboard's video memory settings.Updating to the lastest drivers would be advisable though.Or else get a Graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom