Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
I use it for everything I do. I dual boot windows 98 se for the odd application and for my parents use.

whim_gen

Journeyman
Well nice question vignesh.
I use it as default OS in my older comp (basically to learn it)
In the other i use it for internet/music et al.
:cool:

mediator

Technomancer
Linux for office work,programming, development,
free flow surfing(no virus,trojans therefore no antivirus,antispyware which eats a lotta resources makin system slow)!
and windows for playing games,vb,vc++,asp etc!

vandit

In the zone
can anyone tell me the need to switch to linux by a windows user except for learning a few new things... I have suse linux the one that came with digit.... is it better than win 98 :?: :?

ujjwal

Padawan
If trying and learning new things is not your cup of tea, you should use whichever operating system you are comfortable with, as long as it works for you :)

sba

Journeyman
vandit said:
can anyone tell me the need to switch to linux by a windows user except for learning a few new things... I have suse linux the one that came with digit.... is it better than win 98 :?: :?
No one can tell you that. Believe me...
Using any software should be guided by your own needs and not by what someone told u. I can give you hundreds of reasons from thousands of webpages talking about just this one question..."why linux is better" but then another windows lover will come in and flame me by giving counter responses to everything i said. this is just a never ending debate.

...but i can tell you which i switched to Linux. i switched cos i was tired of defragmenting, running AV scans, anti spywares, cleaning my cookies, getting BSODs that didn't mean anything, apps crashing without giving me any errors. i m not saying that crashes and BSODs were frequent but they added oil to fire. Linux took me time to learn but now it is as stable as rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom