What CMS should I use for my site?

NeedSomeHelp

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

First off, I just want to say that I'll try to explain my question in the easiest terms possible, since it is rather complicated to understand.

I am making a fan website about a certain game I like to play. This fan website would be something like a Wiki, but I'll get on to that later. The website would have a search function which would search through all the Wiki pages (easy to implement). However it does not function as a Wiki (editable by anyone).

Okay so on to the slightly confusing part. What I'm looking for is something which allows me to create pages on my website, using the Wiki syntax and markup (an editor). An example would be how in Wikis, adding double brackets around words would make it a link. There can be categories (like Wikipedia) and templates and stuff like that.

But I want to be able to customize those pages, as in with my own HTML and CSS design (not in PHP; I have little knowledge of that).

What content management system or something like that is best suited to my needs?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this, I understand that it may have been quite confusing, but still, thanks. Looking forward to all your replies! :)

If there isn't any meant for mine, is there anything I could do to make it such that some other one would be able to suit me (through extensions, etc.)?

P.S.: I have tried MediaWiki, but I don't want "Talk" pages/"Community" portals, and I can't seem to change the theme with HTML and CSS. I have tried the Tiki CMS too, but that doesn't allow me to simply change my theme using my own HTML/CSS (or at least I can't figure out how to) and it doesn't have the Wiki markup.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
try joomla its fairly easy though PHP is required for module cutomization there a number of free themes available online and this may help in better understanding Lynda.com - Joomla 1.6 Essential Training - Demonoid

OP
N

NeedSomeHelp

Right off the assembly line
try joomla its fairly easy though PHP is required for module cutomization there a number of free themes available online and this may help in better understanding Lynda.com - Joomla 1.6 Essential Training - Demonoid

Joomla is not really what I'm looking for because the editor needs to be able to use Wiki-style markup, and has the functions which Wikipedia has. Thanks for your help, regardless! :)

Top Bottom