What can I get for 22-25k?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The laptop will be mostly used for watching movies (mostly SD) and surfing. No gaming at all.
Can I get a decent laptop with 13-15" screen and genuine Win 7 for that price?
If yes, please suggest a few models. No 10 inchers please.
My only concern is build quality.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Now whats "SD" movies?

Might want to edit it to "HD"

Check for Toshiba Lappys, even Dell offers some decent ones in that range

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Now whats "SD" movies?

Might want to edit it to "HD"

Check for Toshiba Lappys, even Dell offers some decent ones in that range

Not HD, SD means standard definition, I was just trying to say that I don't need to run HD movies on it

@Tarun, that looks good, but DOS and DDR2 are bit of a turn off. Thanks still

learnbike

Right off the assembly line
Compaq Presario CQ43-200TU , Samsung R Series NP-RV409-A04IN ,
Samsung R NP-RV509-A0FIN ....These are under 23k but i have not been able to find reviews abt them ,if u come up with some info abt them pls share as even I want to purchase a lappy with similar budget :smile:

Niilesh

Padawan
There are many options available(you can use flipkart for reference)
Do dislike or like any particular brand?
IS W7 a must?
you can also use linux for surfing and watching movies

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Well, the laptop's not exactly for me, so Win 7 is a must, I would have been happy with Linux.
No particular brand preference, only particular requirement is that I want good build quality.
Anyways, it seems the plan stands postponed for now. So thank you guys

ulysses

Broken In
Guys
just ordered ASUS X53U-SX013D? @ rs 17,100!! ( letsbuy.com) for my kid's birth day.
Hope letsbuy delivers in 7 days.I hear lot of complaints. For the sake of peace of mind-I did not want to avail coupon discount and ordered Cash on Delivery.!:sad::|
Light use-browsing,facebook ,music ,movies etc. (15.6" full size lap top)
planning to increase ram to 4 GB ( rs 750?)
No OS. hope I can instal win7 ultimate

Technical Specs of Asus X53U-SX013D

Processor: Brazos Dual Core C50 (Ontario)
Clock Speed: 1.0 GHz
Cache: 1 MB (L2 Cache)
Memory: 2GB DDR3 1066 MHz
Screen Size: 15.6 Inch
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Hard Drive: SATA 320 GB with 5400 RPM
Optical Drive: SuperMulti Dual Layer Drive
Graphic Processor: ATI Radeon HD 6250
Web Camera: 0.3 megapixel
Keyboard: Standard full sized keyboard
Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n
Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps
Bluetooth: v3.0
Battery: 6 Cell
USB Port: USB 3.0
Display ports: VGA, HDMI
Other features: Internal Mic, Speakers, RJ45 LAN
review:

Asus X53U-SX013D Review - AMD Brazos (Ontario) APU | A Techies Blog

ulysses

Broken In
Well I got ASUS delivered yesterday by ARAMEX on COD @ Rs 17,100!!
(free Factory never locked Alcatel 3.6 mbps 3G GSM data card worth rs 1200-1500)+ free multi bit screw driver ( diwali gift from letsbuy.com)
X53U-X013D:))
BRAZOS c50 with HD 6250M GPUbuilt in +2 GB ram+320 GB HD + 15.6"+ DOS

Installed 64 bit win7 sp1 with a bit of difficulty and office 2010 64 bit.
sailing smoothly from today. ( Though Brazos 50 is slightly under powerd ,you can get a lotttttttttttt for Rs 17,100!! leave alone 22k)):grin:
Infact there are core I3 (DOS) lapppbelow 24K!
*i51.tinypic.com/30bpir7.jpg

the_souvik

Addicted
hi I have also ordered the asus x53u from letsbuy on 10th. how do they send the laptop?please share your personal experience.anotber thing,how the processor is performing?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
The laptop will be mostly used for watching movies (mostly SD) and surfing. No gaming at all.

Check this
HP Pavilion G Series G42-490TU( Core i3) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
Comes with Free DOS but come on you can get Win 7 from anywhere and load in it. Also if you apply the coupon you'll get further discount.

and the_souvik, please don't hijack the thread

ulysses

Broken In
I saw so much bad press about letsbuy in twitter and facebook and ordered COD & did not bother about discount with eiether "ICCILB" or "ILUVLETSBUYHM".
But touch wood laptop came perfectly packed with letsbuy tape.I was ready with scissors+knife to open and make sure battery/adaptor + free gift is there!(data card+ diwali gift multi bit screw driver )
I did not speak a word to the Aramex courier(it will take 7-9 days to get on hand)and paid him cash +rs 50 tips.:mrgreen:
Processor is under powered they say.(similar to Dual core Atom and slightly higher) Iam yet to put the 2 GB Ram extra.But it is visibly faster than my desk top and older Acer laptop thanks to win7 64 bit Ultimate sp1.
same Huawei 1750 -7.2 mbps data card+ same Airtel 3G sim+my ass is sitting in the same location( I mean same tower) -but ping and speed (around 4 mbps) is faster in this.
Remember this is not supposed to be a high performance laptop.somewhat travel one with a longer battery life (3-4 hours).Iam still insatlling lot of stuff.I am yet to check it with CPUID-CPUZ and also update drivers. Iam not able to figure out cam yet!:sad:
*i55.tinypic.com/14u9o5s.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/1z3rrm8.jpg
*i55.tinypic.com/2rmxssw.jpg

ulysses

Broken In
"They will mail you or call you "...... in your dreamz... Joking!:mrgreen:
If and when the parcel reaches the courier and out for delivery,delivery man will call you.
If you have a AWB (even after that it will take 2-3 days to start from delhi),then you can check courier (aramex or bluedart?) website.
send mail,tweet,facebook,call,cry... just joking !:cool:
payment:Credit card/netbank/COD?
I just now posted images of performance specs,It got merged with my earlier post. check the following link.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/147038-netbook-laptop-under-23000-a.html

ulysses

Broken In
My Asus X53U-Fusion Laptop BUDGET (Full size)is almost complete.

Installed 2GB DDR3 Ram (Transcend @Rs 750)+Rs 17,100 (letsbuy) original purchase.

With Win7 Sp1 64 bit+ MS office 2010 64 bit+ 4 GB Ram +320 GB now working ok.
Only processor @1 Ghz is therotically weak. But combined with HD 6250M built in display card the experience is nice.

Battery runs for minimum 4 hours. Power management says can run 5 hours.
we have only 2 hour power cut ( 8am-10am and 2 pm-4pm). The real test will come when I sit in 12 hour train journey.:mrgreen:

*i56.tinypic.com/28bxu9h.jpg

*i53.tinypic.com/ibgccx.jpg

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Hmm... There are some good deals available, seems I will get a a good one for around 25k if I do a little market research. But as I said earlier, the plan stands postponed for now, not buying currently
Anyways, thanks for the replies, that letsbuy one looks like a real good deal.

Priyanka

In Shameful Misery

If you can just compromise on the screen size, you can get an Intel Atom based netbook just for about 12,000 Rs. and that too from companies like Samsung and Asus. I don't think that you need to worry about the quality from when you buy a brand like that.

If you spend Rs. 15,000 you can get one from HP, Sony, Toshiba etc. You might get windows 7 pre installed in some of these. I have been using a netbook since last year and I can bet that it will satisfy your requirements very well.

Top Bottom