What are the different ways to transfer data from one system to other using any wire or device?

sahil1033

In the zone
I want to know the possible ways to transfer data from one system to another by connecting them through any wire/device/any other medium except through bluetooth.
I may sound noob but it has been troubling me since long ago.

The easiest way would be to establish a lan. The fastest would be to connect one computer's hard disk into another.

The easiest way would be to establish a lan. The fastest would be to connect one computer's hard disk into another.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone

Any other way? Does connecting a laptop to PC via two way USB cable serve the purpose?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
You need a usb bridge cable. If you use a usb cable without bridge circuit, you might burn your usb port. Better use lan cable or connect one's hard disk to other.

Hrishi

Any other way? Does connecting a laptop to PC via two way USB cable serve the purpose?

With the piece of equipment that you may have , the answer would be no.Don't even try that.You may damage some components on the PC.

The fastest method to transfer data would be to connect the two devices through Gigabit Ethernet Lan Cable. { considering that both of your devices support GBE ports.}
The average data transfer rates should theoratically be 125MB/Sec , but depending on various factors you'll get around 30-40MB/Sec , which is really good.
This is the best method unless you bring in the Solid State Drive for transferring Data or a USB3.0 Drive.

THE GBE LAn method is easiest and feasible because almost all new generation devices support th'm.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
With the piece of equipment that you may have , the answer would be no.Don't even try that.You may damage some components on the PC.

The fastest method to transfer data would be to connect the two devices through Gigabit Ethernet Lan Cable. { considering that both of your devices support GBE ports.}
The average data transfer rates should theoratically be 125MB/Sec , but depending on various factors you'll get around 30-40MB/Sec , which is really good.
This is the best method unless you bring in the Solid State Drive for transferring Data or a USB3.0 Drive.

THE GBE LAn method is easiest and feasible because almost all new generation devices support th'm.
well in that case i might need to have a router?

For transferring data through a lan cable, just connect the two computers with a lan cable, create a homegroup on one computer and from the other computer, search for available homegroups and add the pc to the newly created homegroup. I never got speeds above 32 MBps

Hrishi

For transferring data through a lan cable, just connect the two computers with a lan cable, create a homegroup on one computer and from the other computer, search for available homegroups and add the pc to the newly created homegroup. I never got speeds above 32 MBps

hdd speed , my guess .!!

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabit-ethernet-bandwidth,2321-4.html

Top Bottom