General Query What are the best sites to buy items not available in India?

Chetan1991

Youngling
What are the best websites to buy items, especially electronic items, not available in India?

I know about eBay Global Buy but their selection isn't that big. Neither have I ever bought anything from them, so don't know how good their service is, and if they ship to Tier II and III cities, and if you have bear any extra charges related to international shipping and customs.

Those who have bought items from international sites shipping to India please share your experiences.

I'm, particularly looking for a portable monitor, such as this one: 16" - e1649Fwu - Monitors - AOC - North America: U.S., and haven't been able to find one online.

- - - Updated - - -

bump...

- - - Updated - - -

bumpity bump.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Do you have any personal experience with them? I don't want to get in the hassle of wondering whether I will have to pay extra for customs etc. later and when the item will arrive.
Please do mention if you have yourself ever used the service and how was the experience.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do you have any personal experience with them? I don't want to get in the hassle of wondering whether I will have to pay extra for customs etc. later and when the item will arrive.
Please do mention if you have yourself ever used the service and how was the experience.

I have experience with Comgateway, which provides you a US address to which you can order stuff from anywhere within USA. Then you can use their service to ship the product to your doorstep. But yes, you can't avoid customs. Any product you import is bound to fall under customs. No exceptions except if the item is marked as gift which some retailers help them mark.

My experience was good. I purchased a ~14k processor from Amazon.com and which costed me a custom of 5k. But since I purchased the processor with a gift card, it was still profitable for me. Your mileage may wary. Customs are basically calculated with original price of the product, weight of the product and the volume of space it takes. A monitor from outside may incur a good amount of customs. But Comgateway have a feature where you can calculate the amount of customs you may need to incur. Use that.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I had consignments via China post that costed me zero customs.Not a good option for costlier things and takes 1-1.5 months to get delivered.

Aliexpress.com -Chinese gaint market ,

edit: just read theOPP ,I think monitors/tvs attract as much as 26% customs ,that was last time when I checked.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Found out via Junglee.com
Junglee.com ? Amazon.com International Shipping Program

Do these include custom fees, or do include that in checkout, or do I have to pay it upon receiving the package?

Top Bottom