what all do i need to build a eCommerce website ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hello,

Suppose i want to build a website that sells a number of articles like apples , banana etc.. . from scratch. .What all things are nedded ? like PHP , mySQL , webspace etc. .i dont have much of an idea of how they work and what does what .. could you guys please tell me what are the things that will be necessary and why i will probobly need them ?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why do you want to build from scratch when you don't even have any idea? Try joomla, it's a powerful CMS and can easily be customised to suit your needs with required customisations. Also, it has lots of themes and plugins available around.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will suggest you to install any eCommerce script. There are few good free scripts available. Go ahead and test them.

Personally I dont recommend any CMS like joomla or Drupal for a ecommerce website. They dont have proper modules/ plugins to suit your needs. You just can make a basic selling site. Once I tried lot to build a customize ecommerce website using Drupal, but I was not very satisfied. And finally I bought a paid script for 250$.

So, look for a ecommerce script, there are many free as I said earlier.

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
thanks guys ..i'm not exactly interested in building one with scripts already written .. i want to learn those scripts ( like pHP etc. .) and write them myself. . so i'm just finding out all that is necessary ..

ajitnavajo

Right off the assembly line
Why do you want to build from scratch when you don't even have any idea? Try joomla, it's a powerful CMS and can easily be customised to suit your needs with required customisations. Also, it has lots of themes and plugins available around.

I would recommend Joomla - many sites use it - example: *www.univercell.in/

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
This can be counted as adverting your site. So, avoid posting like this. You are a newbie here, please please read forum rules.
Is he? I thought quite a good number of people checked this site to find price of cell phones, atleast I do cos it gives me prices of mobile phones in INR and are quite close to actual price more often than not.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Is he? I thought quite a good number of people checked this site to find price of cell phones, atleast I do cos it gives me prices of mobile phones in INR and are quite close to actual price more often than not.
when I clicked the url, I got error as "page cannot be displayed". So, I thought that might be his personal website and trying to advertise.

And regarding price of mobile phones, I prefer themobileshop.in for latest price in INR.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Its great you want to learn and build your site, i would advice one thing, along with learning how to build a website, keep in mind how to save your site safe from hackers as yours is a eCommerce site and money exchange is involved :)

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
thanks guys.. .

but u guys arent being specific about what i want to learn .. . now , i dont intend on making a website to sell anything. i just gave an example. . now , i gather that i will need to learn PHP ? and i suppose mySQL for database management . . now how do i protect myself from hackers ? what else will i need to know and what other things should i learn and how is money handled in websites ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom