Western Digital SATA causing prblem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDIF

Custom User Title
i Have K8MMV motherboard. Its similer to K8m800. When i bought my computer then its config was as AMD Sempron 2800+, 80 GB Samsung SP0822N PATA HDD[Installed on Ch 0 Master], 512 MB RAM.
Few days ago i bought additional 256 MB RAM and a Western Digital WD800BD-22LRAD 80 GB SATA. I installed the HDD and RAM succesfully but now i have a little problem. It is that before installing Wetern Digital HDD, my old HDD was running at 58.5 MB/s Read/Write Speed but now its reduced to 20.5 MB/s.
When i remove the Western Digital HDD then it again runs at 58.5 MB/s.
Wetern Digital HDD is installed no Ch 2 as Master. Jumper are also set to right position. How to resolve the problem to retain the old speed?

gsmsikar

Journeyman
ManiDhillon said:
i Have K8MMV motherboard. Its similer to K8m800. When i bought my computer then its config was as AMD Sempron 2800+, 80 GB Samsung SP0822N PATA HDD[Installed on Ch 0 Master], 512 MB RAM.
Few days ago i bought additional 256 MB RAM and a Western Digital WD800BD-22LRAD 80 GB SATA. I installed the HDD and RAM succesfully but now i have a little problem. It is that before installing Wetern Digital HDD, my old HDD was running at 58.5 MB/s Read/Write Speed but now its reduced to 20.5 MB/s.
When i remove the Western Digital HDD then it again runs at 58.5 MB/s.
Wetern Digital HDD is installed no Ch 2 as Master. Jumper are also set to right position. How to resolve the problem to retain the old speed?
yeah how did u find the speed of the drive ?
which software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom