Well is My RAM 333 Mhz Help!!!URGENT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav

Journeyman
Well, Hi frendz,
I bought a New RAM 256Mb DDR 333Mhz The Model Is PC2700.
But when i opened the BIOS i checked in that it shows Ram at 266 Mhz. :cry: (also there is no sign on the RAm That whether it is 266 or a 333mhz Ram
So please suggest me.
What should i do should i be fighting with my vendor for fooling me a up.

Help needed Urgently

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
download a utility called CPU-Z. You can find it here.

*www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

And post screen shots of what it says here and we should be able to sort it out then.

OP
A

abhinav

Journeyman
*www.geocities.com/agmonty_303/screen.bmp
Please Tell me now it says that My Ram Frequency is 133.2Mhz :roll:

daj123

Journeyman
Does your motherboard support DDR333? Is your motherboard old? If its old AND supports DDR333 then it prolly needs a BIOS update. You're best bet is to stick it right into a new system which definitely supports it and checkout what MHz it shows...

When CPU-Z reports 133 Mhz, it means your memory is running at 266 Mhz (DDR memory, 133x2)

If you have 333 Mhz memory, CPU-Z should show it as 166 Mhz (333=166x2)

Now, as mentioned by daj123, it may be true that your mobo does not support 333 Mhz.

Post a screenshot of SPD tab in CPU-Z. This page shows all supported memory timings for your module.

BTW, how many memory modules do you have? If you combine two modules of different speeds, then effective speed will be equal to lowest of the two.

Also, try manually specifying the speed as 333 in your BIOS.

Keith

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
PC2700 is another name for DDR333. The basic clock frequency of DDR333 is 166.7MHz, but since it's Double Data Rate memory, it's effectively working at twice the basic clock, that is, at 333MHz. This is also the case for DDR266/PC2100 and DDR400/PC3200.

As others have already pointed out, your motherboard may be able to support only upto DDR266. Or you may have the wrong BIOS setting.

purnendu100

Right off the assembly line
Your CPU bus frequency does not match with your Ram frequency. That is not a fault of your vender.
You have not specified your cpu speed. Your CPU need to be Upgrade to get full performance.

purnendu100 said:
Your CPU bus frequency does not match with your Ram frequency. That is not a fault of your vender.
You have not specified your cpu speed. Your CPU need to be Upgrade to get full performance.

DISAGREE - Memory modules should not have any problems running at full rated speeds, eventhough it may not match FSB speeds. Unless you've locked FSB:DIMM speeds at 1:1 in the BIOS.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As mentioned by Keith, it may be possible to run the FSB and RAM clock at different speeds, and your BIOS probably has provision to set them this way. This is called asynchronous mode because FSB and RAM are not synchronized with each other.

The exact details of the setup process differ for different BIOS'es. Some people don't like to use them this way because it can sometimes cause stability problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom