welcome screen..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
i hv win vista ultimate installed...
my basic config is core2duo 2.4, 2gb ram,
i donno y my system freezes fr about 30-40 seconds after the welcome screen comes..!!
i mean the welcome screen disappears aftr few seconds(its supposed time) and thn my screen is all black with only the mouse cursor on display..
whn i press ctrl alt del during tht...i get a menu saying log off, switch user, shutdown, restart and lock computer etc etc as options...ie it doesnt hang bt my desktop comes aftr 30-40 seconds...i donno the reason
pls tell me wat to do...coz at such good config it should start like a bullet...like it used to when i bought it a month ago..:(
im attaching my startup screenshot..pls chk if thr is anything that might be doin this..!!

thnks in advance.

manan

jal_desai

In the zone
may be ur display drivers not properly configured... well u said u have avast installed... u need to change a setting in it.... FIND OUT THE OPTION WHICH SAYS "Delay loading of avast after other processes" ... i used avast in the past and i always checked this option... it will delay the loading of avast and gives way to other components to load first... this helped me the most... see if the problem still exists..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom