Weird lag while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
Hi guys,
I'm having a weird problem with my PC. Normally, my pc functions properly. But when I play games I face a weird kind of lag. This is not the normal lag that people face when their machines are not capable to play the latest graphic-intensive games. This is a lag that surfaces even when I play old games, games such as even Diablo 2!!!.

I have a fairly good rig, almost 2 years old. Its config is something like AMD 6000+ x2 (dual core), 1 GB ddr2 ram, Asus mother board (I don't know which, but I can get the model no. if it's important). On board graphics card. (I share 256 mb for graphics)

So, this is what actually happens. When I load up a game, it plays well for about a minute, then suddenly out of nowhere, it lags for 3-4 seconds, plays again well for 30 seconds, then again lags for 3-4 seconds and so on.

This happens with all 3d games both new and old, game such as Half life 2 ep1, Left 4 dead, Diablo 2, etc. etc. I've tried a few things to remedy this like playing the games on the lowest setting possible, formatting and installing XP, checking the hard disk cable connections. I've also removed the ram, rubbed it with a rubber, and put it in another slot. But that too hasn't solved the problem.

Sorry, if the post became too long. I wanted to make sure I covered all the points before I posted my question. I hope you guys could help me as you've done in the past. I would be really grateful. It has become really frustrating, lolz

tejaslok

Journeyman
increase ur graphics first i used to play HALF life 2 and left 4 dead in dual core proccy and 1 gb ddr 2 sd ram and i had 256 onboard graphics so it was laggin and bought a cheap gpu 256 MB ddr2 around 2 K at that time and worked good and i could play halflife 2 and left4dead with good resolution so buy a graphics card if u have a low budget i.e. 3 K then get xfx card 512 MB DDR2 that is enough or if u have a better high budget i.e. 5-7K then buy a good one buy the latest HD 4770 around 6.7 K MSI wala it is nice !!

shaunak

Tux Fan
Try updating the drivers.

First find out your motherboard model number. Go to the manufacturers site and get the latest graphics drivers.

You can use CPU-z to find the mobo details: *www.cpuid.com/

OP
V

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
@shaunak I have installed the latest (and the old) graphic drivers but nothing seems to work out. (Nvidia drivers)

@tejaslok: This problem is there not only for the new games but very very old games as well...so its not about ram or graphic cards...

shaunak

Tux Fan
I believe that it is a software error. Not because of the hardware or configuration.

* Try disabling 'cool n quite' temporarily from the BIOS.
* Defrag your hard drive
* set your virtual memory to 1.5 times you physical ram memory in XP.
* Disable the Xp theme.

If all else fails, try reinstalling XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom