Weird Internet Disconnection Problem. Pls help

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
I have a serious issue with my modem/router/internet connection. I have a BSNL broadband and TpLink modem+router. From a month I am observing frequent internet disconnection. First I thought it may be some BSNL problem of my area, but now I think the problem is mine – either my modem+router or my cable connection from BSNL. First I tried googling and came to know about the DNS flush thing. I did that but no relief.

One thing I observed when it gets disconnects, the DNS server address is there. And sometimes all the address are blank. Pls see my attached pics.
What I initially used to do- Restart the modem and bang after restart i am connected to internet. The connection stays. But currently after restart the connection lasts for some 2-3 minutes and disconnects and problem started. Please help me identifying the problem. I know I can call BSNL guys but they will talk rubbish like scan for virus etc. I want to make sure if the problem lies with the modem/router..

Resetting the modem+router will work ?
3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

flyingcow

Shibe
Hmm...I was having the same problem....my landline was dead too. Tried everything I possibly could. Called BSNL and told them about landline, they told they'll need 1-2 days to fix it. I checked my SNR margin and it was 8, they fixed the line and everything is fine until now...Is your phone dead too?

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
My phone is not dead, though. Its only internet that is getting disconnecting and reconnecting again...

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
No...It is finally resolved yesterday. A bsnl guy finally came after so many complaints. He checked the line and the main board at the poll. He said it was due to carbon and stuff in the board. Till now I havent faced connection drop. So I think that might be the problem.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
I had to tip him Rs. 100/-..... so that he will come next time a little earlier...not 1month after complaint ;)

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
I had to tip him Rs. 100/-..... so that he will come next time a little earlier...not 1month after complaint ;)

I can't understand why these person are so fond of taking money.... even they get a very hefty salary from govt..... which even they don't deserve..... It's due to these kind of people customer like us thinks trice before getting connection for BB or LL?...

Top Bottom