Weird Comparison, but need advice.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
1. Budget? Max 30k
2. Display type and size? Max 5.5'
3. Dual sim? Doesn't matter
4. Preferred choice of brand? Motorola, One+
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Anything better than MotoG3, low light images should be good
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android ONLY
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Must be good with 4G (no unnecessary battery drains or such)
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multi-tasking + Internet
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Moto G4+ and OnePlus 3

10. Any other info that you want to share: YES

I'm confused whether I should get the Moto G4 Plus 32GB or the OnePlus 3.

I know the price bracket is stupidly vague, with OP3 almost twice the cost of MG4+
What I want to ask is, is it worth spending 13k extra for the OP3? Are the features in OP3 really worth it?

I'm a regular office employee, who is beyond the time, when benchmark scores or high end games matter.
I just want that heavy multi-tasking must work flawlessly. My usage sometimes goes as high as 10 apps at once. And I want a device for 1-2 years now, so I'm not sure if MG4+ will handle it all. Also overheating seems to be a word going with it.

Currently using a MotoG3, and pretty happy with it. But someone in the family is taking mine, so I'm up for an upgrade.
Any inputs are welcome.

PS: I want Vanilla stock only, and no I do not want to buy a phone, root it and then install a Vanilla ROM.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Check out this link,

Moto G4 Plus vs OnePlus 3 vs Asus ZenFone 3: specs compariso

From the spec comparison chart it seems Moto G4 Plus has slight edge over OP3 even though the later has better Processor and GFX processor.

I'll say MotoG4+ is sure winner here in the price range and if you compare with OP3

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Get OP3
When your budget is 30K considering the G4+ is just not justified lol
You can even check out RN3 32GB variant as that also has great performance and doesn't heat up

Sent from my Xperia Z

ssb1551

Technomancer
Get OP3. G4+ has SD617 which doesn't hold a light to SD820. If your budget is 30k I dont see why are you even considering G4+. It just pales in comparison to OP3 - period.

For heavy multi tasking, I think RN3 32GB is good for the money(it doesn't heat, has good battery life, good performance, average gaming performance), but its camera isn't that good (might not be a major upgrage over G3)

OP3 is a all rounder & a good phone for 30k, but for most users i'll say that even RN3 will suffice, no need to spend extra 15k

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Check out this link,

Moto G4 Plus vs OnePlus 3 vs Asus ZenFone 3: specs compariso

From the spec comparison chart it seems Moto G4 Plus has slight edge over OP3 even though the later has better Processor and GFX processor.

I'll say MotoG4+ is sure winner here in the price range and if you compare with OP3

Exactly what makes you say that in this link? All specs are in favor of OP3.

Get OP3
When your budget is 30K considering the G4+ is just not justified lol
You can even check out RN3 32GB variant as that also has great performance and doesn't heat up
Sent from my Xperia Z

Get OP3. G4+ has SD617 which doesn't hold a light to SD820. If your budget is 30k I dont see why are you even considering G4+. It just pales in comparison to OP3 - period.

My budget is 30K doesn't mean I want to spend that much, if G4 will suffice my needs, I'm more than happy to save money.
But if it won't handle my needs, I'm open to spending more.

For heavy multi tasking, I think RN3 32GB is good for the money(it doesn't heat, has good battery life, good performance, average gaming performance), but its camera isn't that good (might not be a major upgrage over G3)
OP3 is a all rounder & a good phone for 30k, but for most users i'll say that even RN3 will suffice, no need to spend extra 15k

As for the RN3, as I mentioned earlier, I want to stick to Vanilla, which is why I'm not considering any Xiaomi's offerings.

So I'll rephrase, is Moto G4+ enough to handle 10 odd apps at a time without overheating/lagging? And is it good with 4G usage too?
Or should I get OP3 to be safe? Or do you have any other device in mind that offers stock experience?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Exactly what makes you say that in this link? All specs are in favor of OP3.

Could be but look the at the price you are paying for Moto G4. and then look at OP3.

For your requirements I think Moto can execute them without issue.

The comparison sheet used 64GB version of Moto G4 which has 4GB of RAM but I did not notice any 4GB RAM version G4 in Amazon.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My budget is 30K doesn't mean I want to spend that much, if G4 will suffice my needs, I'm more than happy to save money.
But if it won't handle my needs, I'm open to spending more.

If your primary need is Multitasking + internet then G4+ is more than what u need.
just check the camera samples of G4+

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Your dilemma is on multitasking like 10 apps at once, could you pls clarify what kind of apps would you like to use ? I'm a Moto G4+ user and i can give you valuable inputs on your requirement. If you can live with CM OS, get Lenovo Zuk Z1 ( awesome build and old but solid configuration ), RN3 ( good phone, scores high than Moto G4+ except Camera and stock OS experience ), else get Moto G4 + which does everything well, just not exceptionally well but enough for an average user and ofc Development support in future and quick OS updates.

ssb1551

Technomancer
So I'll rephrase, is Moto G4+ enough to handle 10 odd apps at a time without overheating/lagging? And is it good with 4G usage too?
Or should I get OP3 to be safe? Or do you have any other device in mind that offers stock experience?

Like the question asked by ashis_lakra, can you gives us an idea of what kinda 10 apps you plan to use. If 3 out of those 10 apps are say Instagram, Injustice:Gods Amongst Us & Mortal Kombat X then G4+ wont handle well at all. But on the other hand OP3 will. I know because I have one :) and have all those 3 apps open :p

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would say wait for Zenphone 3.It will come with SD625 it may have better camera than moto G4.

Elyn

Right off the assembly line
I will suggest to buy One Plus 3. 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM and Snapdragon 820 processor, apart from it is having a less wait about 158g.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Hi, the 10 apps I mentioned include fb, imgur, gmail, whatsapp, wps office, office lens, camera, gallery, music, Adobe photoshop +lightroom, and a few others.
Wanted to play Asphalt 8, but the G3 isn't as fluid as I expected.
And this doesn't mention a ton of apps that run in the background like News, ET, snapchat, MiFit, truecaller etc.

Just by writing my needs like this, I'm leaning towards OP3 :confused_NF: :sweating_NF:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Asphalt 8 lags a little in High settings but not RN3, so OP3 will NEVER lag with 10 apps. Get OP3 if you have budget.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hi, the 10 apps I mentioned include fb, imgur, gmail, whatsapp, wps office, office lens, camera, gallery, music, Adobe photoshop +lightroom, and a few others.
Wanted to play Asphalt 8, but the G3 isn't as fluid as I expected.
And this doesn't mention a ton of apps that run in the background like News, ET, snapchat, MiFit, truecaller etc.

Just by writing my needs like this, I'm leaning towards OP3 :confused_NF: :sweating_NF:

haha Guess you found your answer. Yeah G4/G4+ wont be able to handle all those apps. OP3 seems a better choice than even Mi5.

Top Bottom