Website upgradation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
I m a technican assistant in an engg. college named BITM,Santiniketan.We have a website called "www.bitm.info".The problem is that we can not change the announcement link which is the most important.We have a domain in Horde,Plesk 7.We have tried to edit the announcement.html page under the "httpdocs" folder.After changing the contents it shows that it has been changed,but whenever we log in to the home page and click the announcement link the old announcements stays.I have also downloaded and edited the page but the same problem persists after uploading it again.All the other pages can be changed easily.Plz somebody help me.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
Yeh man. U saw it in the announcement page?We cannot see it.Perhaps the old page has been cached in server.U saw the announcement page?It says "BITM welcomes the 1st Sem students" in the 1st line.Plz reply i m waiting eagerly.

Deep

Version 2.0
ra_sriniketan said:
Yeh man. U saw it in the announcement page?We cannot see it.Perhaps the old page has been cached in server.U saw the announcement page?It says "BITM welcomes the 1st Sem students" in the 1st line.Plz reply i m waiting eagerly.

ok so this is what has happened..

in your left manu..path to your annoumcement page is: anoun.html and you are editing page called announcement.html :)

So just editi page anoun.html or change the link in left menu to the page you have already edited :)

Deep

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
But the anoun.html file contains different materials.Its not the announcement.Its inside the announcement.html file.Plz explain in details.And can u see the change?It was "Happy Holi".Wat is it now?

Deep

Version 2.0
Activities

A perspective beyond the classroom

Bengal Institute of Technology & Management ( BITM, Santiniketan ) has a splendid record in academics.It has simultaneously endeavoured to achieve high honours in extracurricular activities and in sports and games. The BITM Arts & Literary Association comprises the Music Club and various English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese Literary Associations.The associations organise various cultural programmes.......

and some images thats what your anoun.html has

Announcement

BITM Welcomes all the 1st Sememster students

The classes of 1st Semester students will commence from 11th august,2005

The result of B.Tech 2nd & 4th Semester has been published

BITM Congratulates all the successful students of the even semester examination

thats what I could see in announcement.html

Tell me if it is correct or not..

Deep

geekysage

Journeyman
what a patience, deepak...i gotta give that to ya

the guy can't figure out a trivial problem and you are staying with him after his every not so brialliant question. Hail ya, you deserve to be a moderator.

Peace.

Deep

Version 2.0
ok this seems to be a problem of cache..clear the cache and then view it...

it should work...

or try using different browsers like Opera, Firefox etc...

Deep

btw geekysage, the name is Deep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.