Website designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight17

In the zone
If you are using a free forum software I will definitely advice you to use SMF (Simple Machine Forums).At first I thought it is bad..but believe me it is really nice..I have seen the best implementation of it in the Joomla Forums..it is really wonderful great looks IMO.

If you are going for something simple go for "Vanilla" OR BBpress (from wordpress).If you want to integrate this to a site use Joomla and you will get a really gorgeous site without much effort..way much better than the digit site.You can actually achieve the quality of sites like PC MAG etc if you dedicate yourself, it is easy once you learn it..no coding no hassles.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
You want css layouts, try Glish. It has all the dominant css coding in an easy-to-copy fashion.

I too am trying to go the CSS way, it's better. Also needs lesser coding, lesser headache, and maintains a unifirmity thruout the site as all webpages can be linked to a single css file to give them all a similar theme.

tuxfan

Technomancer
For that you have to write a small function. Have a look at this small piece of code

Code:
function navigation()
{
  print("Home<br />");
  print("About Us"<br />");
  print("Contact US");
}
Of course this is a very primitive type of code and real code is a little more complex (with <a href="">, class, etc.)

Ideally, I will also prefer to pass a variable to this function. This variable will tell it about the page where its getting displayed and so it will display that menu item a little differently.

For example, in the home page, I will code this function as follows:
Code:
<?php navigation(1); ?>
Accordingly, a little more code will have to be written. One can also keep an array for navigation options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom