Website Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lucky Rathod

Friends i very much interested in building a website but i dont know what are its necessities
1) what programming languages wee need ?
2) where we get the storage (my friends said we need to pay some money than they will give some user id and password and some MB of space) Dont we get freespace ?
i know c, java,c++

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
1. For building a website, HTML can get you started. You can use Mirosoft Frontpage or any other HTML editor. There are tons of HTML tutorials available on the internet. Google them. If you want to go a bit deeper, there is Javascript and AJAX, CSS, PHP(or ASP), MySQL etc.

2. Storage is provided by a webhosting company. You can get one from few members here who sell web space. You can also get it for free at www.x10hosting.com but they may insert forced ads on your pages or may disable some features. You will also need a domain name(such as think.com or about.com). You can't get a domain name free unless its the .co.nr, .co.cc, uni.cc, etc. But such free domain names hardly have any value when compared witrh .com, .net, .org, etc.

I am not sure how useful C++ may be here, save for the possibility that you may be able to learn PHP easily for its syntax similarity. Java is definitely helpful in web programming.

shaunak

Tux Fan
I also recomend X10hosting.
If you dont mind refering me then click on this link:Free Web Hosting at x10Hosting

First up brush up on a little HTML, a little php and mySql from w3schools.org

Plus use a good CMS to simplify the process. I would recomend drupal. But if find it too difficult to use go for wordpress.

note: mods, I am giving an optional presonal referal that too in small font, so i donot think I am breaking any forum rules. Yet if you feel that I am, please delete it. :)

siddes

Perpetual Fresh Stock
Forget about PHP, Javascript or any other languages.

Spend time on your markup first.
Do a lot of HTML, followed by CSS.
Only then start Javascript, PHP or MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom