Website advice needed

uImbibe

Broken In
I recently started a video sharing website, uimbibe.com
It's been going well, the server bills for the first month was just 800 bucks, but now they've gone up to around 3000 bucks a month. The site keeps growing by about 2-3gb a day and at times, people even upload about 5 gb of videos in a day. Developing websites are my passion and though I havent really done much of hardcore development on this site due to exams and such, I plan to do a bit this month towards the end. I'm learning a good amount of PHP each day.

The obvious way to earn some money would be advertisements, but I really dont want to put ads, I would like to have this website with no ads.

Are there other ways to earn money, I've tried hosting, got a few clients, but if the bill keeps rising like this, I'll have to put in some ads.

Are there other ways you can earn money from websites like sponsorships etc?

I'm trying to develop a paid subscription but it would take me a few months :(

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

tkin

Back to school!!
Aaaaaaaand, the site is offline.

Edit sorry, goole search lead to offline site, had to go via 2nd link in google, try some seo.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, you'll have to put some minor advertisements here and there to generate some revenue.

or what you can do is, start another good website which you can AdSense to generate some money for ya.

tkin

Back to school!!
well, you'll have to put some minor advertisements here and there to generate some revenue.

or what you can do is, start another good website which you can AdSense to generate some money for ya.
Adsense works for blogs right? Does adblock like addons affect adsense revenues? I advised most of my friends to install adblock.

OP
U

uImbibe

Broken In
Aaaaaaaand, the site is offline.

Edit sorry, goole search lead to offline site, had to go via 2nd link in google, try some seo.

Hmm...all links displayed on google are working for me...

Once today, our server got temporarily suspended for using too much burst (well, we were using max burst for like 6 days in a row :p) Perhaps that was the time you checked

This is good advice, I might just try something like this!

Thanks

Top Bottom