Webpage's Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Can some1 plz guide me how to contol my webpage layouts So that page works fine in all resolutions of screen and different browsers.

I created some pages for my site using table to contol layout but thoes pages work only work fine @1024*768 and in 800*600 layout looks grabbled! Wat to do?

PS:-Tips and tricks to control layout are also welcomed

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whats the URL of your site? Lets have a look at it frst. Usually, you should optimise your page for 800x600. So max width should be 778 or something like that so that there is no horizontal scroll bar. Vertical scroll bars are ok.

Secondly, using tables is an old unoptimised way of laying pages. Use CSS, DIV, etc. to layout pages. Have a look at following links. For more, use Google ;)

*www.decloak.com/Dev/CSSTables/CSS_Tables_01.aspx
*www.sitepoint.com/article/tables-vs-css
*www.dmag.org.uk/resources/design_articles/cssvtablesforlayout.asp

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
till now I haven't uploaded it coz it is full of bugs so no URL till now .I ll try ur links any 1 else plz post some tips?

tuxfan

Technomancer
% and absolute values have their own pros and cons. So it may suit, may not suit your design.

Unless and until you post your code, it may not be possible to troubleshoot it :( So show it somehow ;) How can anyone suggest you improvements without looking at your original work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom