[Query] WD 1TB blue warranty problem

kamal_saran

android lover
hey guys i recently bought a WD 1TB HDD locally that is from ludhiana . when i registered on wd website for warranty it showed only 94 days then i contacted wd support and they told me to send pics of invoice and HDD . i sent them i got a reply which says that they cannot give me warranty as the drive i bought is RMAed and Kindly contact the place of purchase for any warranty related issues. i am seriously shocked and tense too because i bought that drive with my hard earning money . so now they are asking that i shoud take it to the shop i bought from . here i am attaching the invoice and the screens of the reply i got from WD care Screenshot (19).jpgIMG_20140816_103658_1408176159321.jpgIMG_20140816_103658_1408176159321.jpg

sniperz1

Journeyman
You should always take invoice with Serial Number mentioned. Your best bet is to go to the shop and query/fight about it.
Tell them to give you a brand new one and this time get the serial number printed on invoice.

OP
K

kamal_saran

android lover
First warn the shop, then go to Consume court, it won't cost you much.

contact the shop they accepted to change it to other one . submitted the HDD now waiting to get new onw . also can anyone confirm how much warranty WD blue 1tb carries is it 2 or 3 years:lol:

sniperz1

Journeyman
WD Caviar Blue Non kit version = 2 yrs warranty [which is usually available]
"------------" Kit version = 3 yrs warranty [if your wd came with manual, cables, extras sealed in a box]

Thats what is written on WD site for India

saswat23

Human Spambot
We only have the non-kite versions available. I have never seen a kit version with cables, etc, etc..

OP
K

kamal_saran

android lover
hey guys . they were not able to get wd blue from anywhere instead they were giving me wd green by saying that it is good than blue and they sell it like hot cakes . so its better than that. but i refused and they give back my money . so again i wanna buy a hdd 1 tb . which one to buy .. budget 3700

NitinOnl51719

Right off the assembly line
WD green will save you power (less bill) , blue is standard, red is if you want to use as NAS drive, black is for gaming as it provide high speed and reliability.

sniperz1

Journeyman
Good you didnt take green one. Blue is better than green and black is better than blue. If you cant find WD caviar blue then take Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. OR get WD Caviar Blue 1 TB online. It will cost a couple hundred more though

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hey guys . they were not able to get wd blue from anywhere instead they were giving me wd green by saying that it is good than blue and they sell it like hot cakes . so its better than that. but i refused and they give back my money . so again i wanna buy a hdd 1 tb . which one to buy .. budget 3700

you could have bargained for wd black when they try to insist on green! better ask in as many as shops for blue 1tb.

- - - Updated - - -

Good you didnt take green one. Blue is better than green and black is better than blue. If you cant find WD caviar blue then take Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. OR get WD Caviar Blue 1 TB online. It will cost a couple hundred more though

the problem is that many who ordered blue got greens! that was snapdeal though. i read it somewhere here in tdf itself.

OP
K

kamal_saran

android lover
how's the ASS of seagate .... if its good then i will get a 1 tb :) also there's lot of gossip about seagate HDD's failing can u shed some light on this :|

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
how's the ASS of seagate .... if its good then i will get a 1 tb :) also there's lot of gossip about seagate HDD's failing can u shed some light on this :|

bit late to reply i know but here goes
seagate ASS is bad,WD's is better apparently
btw i suggest you try Akosha to get that RMA done

OP
K

kamal_saran

android lover
bit late to reply i know but here goes
seagate ASS is bad,WD's is better apparently
btw i suggest you try Akosha to get that RMA done
thanks for response bro but i already took back my money and gave them my hard drive
.. thinking about getting a ext. now

Top Bottom