Ways To Increase C Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I have allocated 100GB For C Drive and after upgrading to Win 8 a huge amount of free space has been taken up by Win 8.

Now I'm left with 0 bytes on C. I have to clear history, uninstall some (less important) programs for everyday use.

But I want some permanent solution.

NOTE : I know, formatting and allocating more space will do. But I don't want to format my PC.

So is there any way like I can migrate New HDD to C Drive? Or something like RAID (Not the Mirrored One), the Stripped one which writes few data on one drive and few on other?

Is this possible? Or any other solution?

I have some free space left of approx. 65GB. But I'm unable to extend C Drive as the partition table is like...

C: => E: => F: => G: => Free Space.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Dont know about migrating stuffs BUT

If you can u can Transfer all your data from Second partition [usually Drive D] and delete it
Using Diskmgmt.msc you can extend your C Drive to Right side

[note : Note if u have any O.S file on partition right side of Win8 ' partition , and you delete it , you might have booting issue's ]

[note: Using this way you can extend C drive all to right -AFTER COPying all data from Drive D,E ,F etc to your second Drive ] ,SO i think technically you can use Disk 0 entirely for O.S if needed ] and aall data's on Disk 1[second disk]

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I know. But I was not looking for the App. I'm aware about the Apps. I was looking for the way.

So the idea given by Rajesh seems good. I was always thinking of migrating Free Space with C Drive. But didn't thought of I could move those data from D Drive to Free Space and Migrate C and D.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
do not use windows in built disk manager to modify C drive because most likely it will convert your disk to dynamic & you do not want this.use easeus partition master home free edition instead.

gameranand

Living to Play
The default application by Microsoft never works. Use a Third Party tool like Easus, Partition magic or Mini Tool partition Wizard. Extending should not cause any problem when you have free space. :)

pratyush997

Inactive
The default application by Microsoft never works. Use a Third Party tool like Easus, Partition magic or Mini Tool partition Wizard. Extending should not cause any problem when you have free space. :)
Never ever use that app on win 8. Never

do not use windows in built disk manager to modify C drive because most likely it will convert your disk to dynamic & you do not want this.use easeus partition master home free edition instead.
YOu planning to screw OP :p

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well. I don't know why you were suggesting not to use EaseUS in Win 8. But it did my job. I have shifted all the data from D Drive to that Free Space (After creating a new partition there). And Merged C and D. Now I have whopping 200GB on C. Hope that will do until Win 9 :D

Thanks to all :D

@Pratyush, I'd really like to know the reason. I'm not aware of the thing.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks for the link. I was not aware that it gets into problems on Win 8.

But it did the Merge and Resize job perfectly for me. Thank God :D

Anyway, thanks again Rajesh345 for the idea..!! :D It didn't came in my mind :D

Shibaprasad

Journeyman
Hi Krisnandu, I had same problem like you. I allocated 50GB for my c drive and I had to increase it to at least 100GB. I came know about EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0 Home Edition software from this forum. It fantastic I just borrowed some space from D drive and increased my C drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom