Wave to MIDI converter (Freeware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Hai friends, New Year Greetings to all...
Is there any freeware available to convert the Wave or MP3 songs into MIDI forms so that we can play on our mobile?

tuxfan

Technomancer
From what I understand about the WAV and MP3 formats, I think it is not possible to accurately convert each and every WAV or MP3 file to MIDI format. WAV and MP3 contains sounds. So they can contain any sound including human voice.

MIDI files contain instrctiuons to play a particular sound. I think it is instruction to play one of the specified 128 sounds. So there can not be any instruction to play human voice and that too in a particular way. If there could be, Lata Mangeshkar could be soon out of her profession.

iinfi

mekalodu
i downloaded ...

i downloaded a few softwares for MP3/WAV to MIDI convertion but the softwares were useless...

some western songs were converted to MIDI format .... but some hindi songs which I normally listen to were not converted properly ..... i had to plug my ears :)

well if some one finds a good s/w do let me know

regards
arvind

nedun_cheran said:
Is there any freeware available to convert the Wave or MP3 songs into MIDI forms so that we can play on our mobile?

well, most of the softwares that r avbl to transfer files frm ur comp to ur mob, already carry music format conversion tools.
use em

allindrome

Journeyman
There are software available for this purpose but they require mono and not stereo wave files.Guess it will take off everthing from the wave file to convert it into a midi.

Ashis

In the zone
Re: i downloaded ...

iinfi said:
i downloaded a few softwares for MP3/WAV to MIDI convertion but the softwares were useless...

some western songs were converted to MIDI format .... but some hindi songs which I normally listen to were not converted properly ..... i had to plug my ears :)

well if some one finds a good s/w do let me know

regards
arvind

Hey What the Software & the URL PLZ....

OP
N

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Dear Folks MIDI itself a notes only. Musical Instuments Digital Interface. It will not convert the song in whole. It will only convert the tune.. to any Instrument which you select during the conversion. Cause you need the tune only to play in the mobile. Any how if you happened to come across any bhagwas software or good software. Please mention the site or software name.
Thanks again
Wishing you all again a Very Happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom