Water to cost more for Delhiites from New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

paroh

Padawan
Source
*in.news.yahoo.com/20/20091201/1416/tnl-water-to-cost-more-for-delhiites-fro.html

New Delhi, Dec 1 (PTI) Denizens will have to shell out more money for water in the capital from New Year with the city government today announcing new tariff for the precious commodity besides deciding to charge for the first 6,000 litres per month which were earlier given free. According to the new tariff, a household will have to pay Rs two per kilo litre (1,000 litre) for the first ten kilo litres and Rs three in the 10-20 kilo litre slab.
Similarly, the tariff for 20-30 kilo litre slab is Rs 15 per kilo litre while those for every kilo litre above 30 kilo litre will cost Rs 25. Earlier, the government was not charging money for consumption of water till 6,000 litres but is now chargeable in the new tariff regime.
The tariff for industrial use has also been increased. Industries will have to pay Rs ten per kilo litre for the first ten kilo litres while in the 10-25 kilo litre slab, one has to pay Rs 20 per kilo litre.
In the 25-50 kilo litre slab, one kilo litre will cost Rs 50 while consumption of every kilo litre above 50 and below 100 kilo litre will cost Rs 80. Above 100 kilo litre, the rate is Rs 100.
"The new tariff will come into existence from January one next year," Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters here. She said the increase was meant to make people understand that water is precious.
"This will fetch Rs 300 crore for the Delhi Jal Board," she said. .

nix

its a problem caused due to overpopulation. we need to enforce the one child norm.

amol48

Searching...
That's fine yaar! It's obvious and how much are you gonna run up anyways. A McD meal or at max two perhaps?

I don't know why media make such an issue when water cost increases by a fraction and cylinder prices increases by Rs.25/cylinder. I mean WTF man! People spend Rs.500 bucks so easily on any Akshay Kumar crap movie and the very same people have problems with marginal hike in prices! LOL!

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
That's fine yaar! It's obvious and how much are you gonna run up anyways. A McD meal or at max two perhaps?

I don't know why media make such an issue when water cost increases by a fraction and cylinder prices increases by Rs.25/cylinder. I mean WTF man! People spend Rs.500 bucks so easily on any Akshay Kumar crap movie and the very same people have problems with marginal hike in prices! LOL!

I +1 that...

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
Not only water price increased but 4% vat is now increased to 5% and now u have to pay entertainment tax of Rs. 20 on ur DTH connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom