water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunnydiv

well pra, it is simple using water to coll down various component of your system instead of air

with help of a water pump, and some pipes

one of the mod here (dexter) tried it, and ended up frying his MOBO so, try going for a very prefessional kit .

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Walter cooling is one of available coolng solutions mainly for lowering the temp of your cpu which will prolong the life of your cpu. The conventional cooling soultions invovles using Air based coolers with copper heat sinks. Water cooling is relatively new and quite expensive as well. And as of now they are extremely difficult to procure in India. Mumbai might be your best bet.

For more product info go here:

*www.xoxide.com/watcoolkit.html

magnet

Youngling
well in same forum i did search on this for curiosity sake..........the knowledge which i got is this....it costs ard 8k+ also u need to tc about lot of thing or else if any leakage occurs u r gone.........i think in india its still a new thing...

aadipa

Padawan
sunnydiv said:
one of the mod here (dexter) tried it, and ended up frying his MOBO so, try going for a very prefessional kit .

To my knowledge Dexy didn't fried his mobo, though he got a leak.

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Well chirayu, there is this clan called "overclockers." These overenthusiastic dudes are gifted with loads of adrenalin and love to spend their free time increasing the speeds of their processors, the RAM, and in turn their overall rig (read computer).

For the processor, they will increase the clock multiplier and the FSB, or both. Then in order to sustain those high speeds, they have to provide more voltages. This will result in heat - more heat than usual.

So they will try to cool their computers. First they will uses exotic copper heatsinks that appear to occupy all of their cabinets! Then they will install huge fans that produce small storms and a hell lot of noise :lol:

All this while, they will keep upping the speed of the processor and keep cooling it. Now either they have deep pockets (heck all of them do), or are unable to tolerate the sound produced by the 7 fans they just installed to keep the computer cool.

Now they turn to water cooling -- a system by which water is used to achieve cooling. There is a water block that sits on top of the processor, water runs via tubes through this water block. The heat from the processor is transferred to the waterblock and from the water block the water that is circulating inside the water block. The heat is then removed from the warmed water via a radiator. The water moves around the whole system of radiator, tubes, and waterblock by means of a water pump. Of course, all the water flows inside pipes. Leaks can be disasterous. Some coolants are also added to the water to further enhance the cooling.

Yes, it is avaible in India. In fact a few months back, Chip carried an article on it. Sorry, don't know the contact where you can buy it though.

DH.

S

sunnydiv

aadipa said:
sunnydiv said:

To my knowledge Dexy didn't fried his mobo, though he got a leak.

which friend his mobo, which was around the time when digit did a article on him, so he had to get mobo of a friend to show them how it works

:LOL:

musafir

Broken In
WHAT? water cooling....what is this....is this similiar to the raditor system used in car...do i have to install a radiator near my computer..what if there is a water leakage?will the system short-circuit? or should u just install a 2 ton a/c with the cold air blowing directly onto the cpu itself :)

ashvidia

Right off the assembly line
sms_solver said:
has water cooling arrived. I don't think it has arrived

Water hohohoh its nono when it comes to a Computer. There is no such water cooling available for a pc. dont forget it that though ur pc might be as fast as ur car it isnt A CAR to hav water cooling.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ashvidia, dude if you got no idea as to what water cooling is then please do some research or atleast look at the links which have been posted. Pradeep_chauhan is right it is pretty much like a cooling technique in a car.

Naga

Broken In
Prime ABGB, Lam Rd. Mumbai.Ask for Gulbir Bhatia.Ph.23855500 . I had got a TT Aquarius II liquid cooling sustem some timeback for around 7K from them. Cool :). If u got the moolah, try sales@netwebindia.com for the Corsair Hydrocool System. Last time I asked, it was 20 k inclsv of taxes and freight :shock: ! Diff is, mine was a kit and the Corsair is self contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom