Watch out for these upcoming PC titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
hahahari said:
A fix will be relised for it.Btw it works fine on Vista 32 and all XP relises.

a diff version is out for Vista x64(7.16GB) with c***k and its size is bout 1.1GB more than the 32bit version(6.04GB).

hahahari

In the zone
Third Eye said:
Crysis got 9.4 rating from IGN.

*pc.ign.com/articles/834/834614p1.html

considering the hardware requiremenys its bad.Farcry was better balanced.I ran it on a mx4000 but look at this ................

btw how much was farcry rated?

sanjay_111

Broken In
Third Eye said:
Crysis got 9.4 rating from IGN.

*pc.ign.com/articles/834/834614p1.html
You should never look at IGN ratings alone while assessing a game. I bought 2 - 3 lousy games a couple of years back because of this mistake.

Look at reader ratings too. For Crysis, it is 8.7 average which is good but not great.

Also, play Crysis ONLY if you have at least 8600 GT + 2 GB RAM and play in XP / DX9. Then perhaps you will be OK.

Third Eye

gooby pls
sanjay_111 said:
You should never look at IGN ratings alone while assessing a game. I bought 2 - 3 lousy games a couple of years back because of this mistake.

Look at reader ratings too. For Crysis, it is 8.7 average which is good but not great.

Also, play Crysis ONLY if you have at least 8600 GT + 2 GB RAM and play in XP / DX9. Then perhaps you will be OK.

I have played the demo on my 8600 GT and i know the game is good like Far Cry.

And I don't go for a game just by seeing its rating @ game site.

hahahari

In the zone
Probably mine will run it

8600GT +1 GB ram +AMD 2X64 4400+

I will have to wait till my exam finishes next month 5th :(...too bad crysis relised during my exams.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Ok one person at a forum i visit has already bought this game & here are his views (He has a 8800 gts 640 MB) :-
well I've played past the first level - which is identical to the demo by the way - and now I'm on the second, and finding it much harder (at Hard difficulty).

Some more details about the game:

- Crysis retail uses exactly the same file and config structure, so everything in the guide applies the same way. So far I haven't seen anything which is different from the demo and the full version in terms of tweaking and options.

- Graphics look identical, and with my 'Very High on the Cheap' settings, along with Textures and Sound set to Very High 1280x1024, in XP using 169.04 Beta Forceware, everything is running smoothly at around 20-30FPS, usually mid twenties. Looks pretty much identical to Very High, so I'm quite happy with that

- Very High is still greyed out under XP DX9, but the usual trick of forcing Very High seems to work fine.

- Performance seems the same, perhaps a touch down on the demo? Maybe the driver-specific optimizations don't kick in for the full version due to a different executable, or maybe I'm imagining things. Either way I don't sense any better performance from the retail version.

- The game uses a serial number + disk check method for protection, but no online activation. The protection is SecuROM 7, and so far I've had no problems with the game in that respect.

- Multiplayer is PunkBuster protected, and I can log in to the account I'd already created for the MP Beta. Haven't played any MP since oddly none of them seem to have PB protection on yet, and almost all of them are empty at the moment

In terms of gameplay, I'm taking my time going through the second level. The strategy element is a lot more pronounced, as there are a lot more enemies and they have excellent AI. It's certainly more of a challenge than the first level. You can find a sniper scope and this helps, but even then the enemy (at Hard level) can be very tricky. At one point when I was fighting a group of them, two of them quietly flanked me and totally surprised me.

In terms of gameplay, I'm taking my time going through the second level. The strategy element is a lot more pronounced, as there are a lot more enemies and they have excellent AI. It's certainly more of a challenge than the first level. You can find a sniper scope and this helps, but even then the enemy (at Hard level) can be very tricky. At one point when I was fighting a group of them, two of them quietly flanked me and totally surprised me.

Also he found a cheap Very high tweak for the game, here it follows:-

'Very High' On The Cheap

There's another thing you can try if you find Very High mode is just a bit too strenuous for your system. You can try the "cheap" version of Very High, which basically only implements the more obvious visual enhancements of Very High. To do this, instead of editing your .cfg files as covered above, all you need to do is set your in-game settings all to High as normal, then add the following commands to your System.cfg file (or just test them in the console first): r_UsePOM=1, r_sunshafts=1, e_water_ocean_fft=1, q_Renderer=3 and r_colorgrading=1. This will make High look extremely similar to Very High in most respects, but with quite a bit less of a performance hit. In a pinch, if you still need extra FPS, try disabling one of the effects, though keep in mind that q_Renderer=3 is necessary for color grading to work. You can also turn off Edge AA (r_UseEdgeAA=0) to make things look crisper and boost performance further.

*www.tweakguides.com/images/Crysis_22a.jpg
*www.tweakguides.com/images/Crysis_22b.jpg
The screenshot comparison above shows that the cheap method looks very close to the real Very High, with the exception of some additional foliage, better water reflections and a few more objects visible in the distance on the left hand side. The FPS difference however is noticeable, as shown at the top right of each shot - 20FPS on the left vs. 26FPS on the right in this example. But this is just the quick way to get Very High on the cheap; obviously if you want to do things in more depth and tailor it to suit your own tastes (which I recommend), then read through the Advanced Tweaking section of this guide and put together your own custom configuration.

Also he has written a tweak guide on the game, here is the link its pretty good :-
*www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

Gamespot review 9.5 : *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/review.html?sid=6182739&tag=topslot;title;1

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
CRYSIS IMPRESSIONS

Source : taken from various other forums :)

:arrow: hey guys, apart the gameplay, the graphics and the reality are, in one word, sh1t. I don't know how the game looks like on highest on dx 10 but on high in dx9 isn't worth playing. Far cry was innovative, for this game i don't know,. some things are better done in oblivion or in gothic, not to mention some physics that are better even in GTA or half life 2. I'l now try to play the campaign, but, the first impression is... a great dissapointment

:arrow: uhmmm, dunno, think it uses both cores, as crytek was generally talking a lot about 4 cores utilization from what i can remember, for the great physics and so on.. the AI is great, you shoot [of course with silencer] and they run to the position where the bullet hits an obstacle or tree or whatever, i mean, it makes noises, sure, but thats not from where the bullet comes ;] hehehe, maybe there are some other ballistic rules in 2020 which we are not aware off? just try to shoot from layin down around and look the happy korean patrol walk all around lookin for the silver bullets ;] it can take even 10 hits in torso to put an guy down, i mean, kevlar vest, but if some gets hit from 50-60m with 10 bullets he doesn't get's up that fast and cries for more...

I hoped also for some 'distraction' ability, sure you can grab that branch or whatever, but if you throw it with comuflage on, it will be turned off in a sec.. so for what can i pick up all that stuff and can't use it do distract enemies??

The Gfx looks great, but that's it for me as far.. i killed 2 tanks and one helicopter..

Try to go on higher ground and **** camouflage, the AI is too stupid to catch you if you are on roof or even few rocks higher..

they try to flank you, but then forgot in the half distance where they actually were running..

:arrow: and just for an comparsion:

COD:
The mission in COD, in Russia, where you have to take out the Heli with the stinger [an old Mi-8!] and it maneuvers, tries to turn and accelerates, pop's flares and flies in circles around you, it actually behaves as an helicopter would

CRYSIS:
Helicopter starts shooting with the Mini gun, hover's over an Area, no flyby's, nothing, you lunch an rocket, and the Ka-50 just Hovers in same place waiting for another rocket to come i mean it wasn't even hard to shoot this thing down

You can blast a shad with an granade, but an Tank with an 90+ mm cannon shoots into the same shad and nothing happens...

:arrow: I figured id list a few things i noticed that were kind of missing though.

1. When you pickup chickens, why dont they fly when you toss them??? they just die and do the ragdoll flipflop. Oh and how come there so damn slow?? maybe the koreans feed them too much.

2. How come the ground isnt deformable like in the original farcry?? I wanted to make some craters!

3. How come the enemy dies when you toss them into the water? Don't Koreans know how to swim??

4. And.. why did the black guy and mexican have to get killed first in your team?? Its like the movies from the 80s LOL

5. Oh yah, next time you come across a shack with 4 poles holding it up, knock 3 poles out and watch the last one defy the laws of gravity and keep the roof held up

6. Yah you cant shoot through walls, even if you want to, you have to just knock them down instead.

7. Is it just my computer, or are there no bullet wound marks on the enemies after they got shot?

8. When you toss the frogs in the air, they dont come back down

9. how can 4 punches kill a person? Or is nomad just friggin strong, without the strenght mod? :O

10. Why can't you shoot heli pilots with the sniper rifle?????

:arrow: isnt as good as i expected..

seems almost like a dupe of farcry but with less AI somehow.

COD4 was about 50x better than this.

Looks like COD4 totally pwned Crysis!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom