wat is AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
hi i need some clarifications abt AHCI. i hav acer 4710 laptop with vista installed. dealer gave it to me with XP installed but i removed XP n installed vista.
now i noticed that CHOTO told that this model has SATA HDD but in vista it shows as IDE ATA.
now i checked that in BIOS, Sata mode was set to IDE instead of AHCI.
now can u Plz tell wat is AHCI. does it means same as Sata.
also wen i set Sata mode to AHCI then vista doesnt starts. i hav to set it to ide mode to start it.

now can u tell me whether i should go for this AHCI mode or not.
also i want to install XP again along with vista but in AHCI mode it does not detects my HDD but it does in IDE.
tell me how to install XP in ahci mode.but i know how to install XP after vista. tell me wat wat things i hav to include in XP installation cd and how to do that.
thanks

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Advanced Host Controller Interface.

This Wiki article has everything you need in that regard!

For enabling the AHCI, you need to install SATA Drivers for your OS first! Check with your Laptop Manufacturer Website.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
its more like emulating ide. you can use ahci in vista provided its enabled at the time of install. that will identify the storage device as native sata.

however, this has some compatibility probs wid XP and hence for XP installation widout any 3rd party driver slipstreaming (mostly), the mode is set to ide to emulate it and facilitate smooth installation.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Edit : i think i posted it in wrong section but it fits for all Q n ANS, SOFTWARES TROUBLESHOOTIN
and HARDWARE TROUBLESHOOTIN.
MODS feel free to change it to thread u consider optimum. but i found software troubleshootin as best option.

just tell me there questions
1. should i go for ahci or not
2. if yes then i m ready to reinstall vista again. but wont my data in other partitions be lost???
in vista partition i dont hav anything other than vista.
3. how to install XP in AHCI mode without using external harddisk. CHOTO just told in his 4710z review that he did it by downloadin ahci drivers from acer site and used some software to integrate it and burn new XP cd. tell me name of that softe and from where to Dwnld and how to install XP using that

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
fun2sh said:
3. how to install XP in AHCI mode without using external harddisk.

fun2sh said:
CHOTO just told in his 4710z review that he did it by downloadin ahci drivers from acer site and used some software to integrate it and burn new XP cd. tell me name of that softe and from where to Dwnld and how to install XP using that
you've just answered your Q yourself :) the software used to integrated the driver into XP installations is nLite.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

are but koi to mere 3 questions ko detail me batao

bump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom