Warranty over problems begin... DELL Inspiron..Help?

bravo007

Broken In
Hi Friends,
I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15r N5010 laptop last year at Rs. 35K(warranty expired in August,28:cry:) and now its started showing problem.

1. Display problem:
I am getting a dark purple/Green color patch at the bottom of screen exactly the size of taskbar(in bios, safemode, windows).
After talking to dell Tech. Support, they told me that its a H/W problem and i need to replace display.

As my laptop is out of warranty they told me upgrade my warranty ( 2 yrs Full accidental cover Rs. 13,000/-:shock:) and this is the lowest price i have to pay to get the problem solved. :sad:

They will not repair or check the display, only replacement:shock:

2. I am getting a " Consider Replacing your Battery"massage
Solution from Dell: Replace Battery Rs. 4000/-

Friends please guide me what should i do now??I dont want to pay 13K:neutral:

Should i approach local technician? Is it safe?I stay in mumbai.
Palying 13k is worth it?

Is there any other better soution on it.
Please reply.

Thank You.

I tried to get image of that dark patch, but print screen not capturing that patch.

Last edited:

virajk

Broken In
Try to negotiate with dell and see if they can offer you a lower price, maybe draft a complete email with the problems you face.
13k for 2 year accidental damage or price of display+battery is way too much.

If this does not help then there will definitely be some dealer dealing with used/refurbished display, there are plenty of laptops that conk off with perfectly working displays and are simply discarded, the hard part will be finding one.

Ill try to google search on this and get back, in the mean time go into your device manager->monitors->subitem under it->properties->details tab->hardwareid(from dropdown) and let me know about it.

I don't know much but will try !

OP
bravo007

bravo007

Broken In
Try to negotiate with dell and see if they can offer you a lower price, maybe draft a complete email with the problems you face.
13k for 2 year accidental damage or price of display+battery is way too much.

If this does not help then there will definitely be some dealer dealing with used/refurbished display, there are plenty of laptops that conk off with perfectly working displays and are simply discarded, the hard part will be finding one.

Ill try to google search on this and get back, in the mean time go into your device manager->monitors->subitem under it->properties->details tab->hardwareid(from dropdown) and let me know about it.

I don't know much but will try !
Thx for your reply:razz:
I negotiated with dell and after that they came up with this price i.e. 13k
My hardware id is : MONITOR\SEC5441

Krow

Crowman
Battery plus charger costs around Rs 5000. Check Lamington road shops. Battery alone should be around Rs 3000.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Problem 1: Your Warranty is over, you can't blame Dell for that. If you don't wish to pay then get it repaired from a Local Laptop Service Centre.

virajk

Broken In
Thx for your reply:razz:
I negotiated with dell and after that they came up with this price i.e. 13k
My hardware id is : MONITOR\SEC5441

Your monitor is a samsung one !
Try to get in touch with a local dealer, maybe he has a display lying around !

virajk

Broken In
Problem 1: Your Warranty is over, you can't blame Dell for that. If you don't wish to pay then get it repaired from a Local Laptop Service Centre.

1 year is to less a time for a laptop screen + battery to go kaput !

What you say is correct though it signifies poor hardware quality supplied by Dell ! Dell is known for its good hardware build, no wonder consumers choose it over other manufacturers and pay a bit more !

OP
bravo007

bravo007

Broken In
Your monitor is a samsung one !
Try to get in touch with a local dealer, maybe he has a display lying around !

How do you come to know that it is a samsung monitor?
Which local dealer? samsung or dell dealer?
If samsung where i can find him?

virajk

Broken In
Try to get in touch with a local dealer who's known for dealing with spare components. If that fails then as a last resort you may have to search online stores that deal with refurbished components, some chinese may have a spare display lying around !

Top Bottom