warranty Khatam....fhek du kya???

Status
Not open for further replies.

linardni

Journeyman
The warranty period of my LG CD-ROM ended the preious month. The vendor from whom I have purchased the PC told there's no alternative of buying a new CD-ROM. I want to know whether the responsibility of a company ceases after the lapse of warranty period. Can't I claim my vendor to get back my item repaired from the company house against payment of the necessary charges?

godsownman

Padawan
This is a sort of tricky question. Yes the dealer's work is to sell the product and look after it during the warranty period , but asking him to take it to the company and get it repaired is asking too much from him after the warranty is over.

I know these fellows wont like to dissappoint the customer thats why they say that yes the company will repair it. Under that pretext they take it from us and keep it with them for a few days. Once we inquire again they say its beyond repair and they try to sell us a new product. Its better I feel to straight away go in for a new one or try and get it serviced yourself. Contact LG, visit their site but DONT depend on the dealer. He might even get it repaired at the local roadside repairer which might work for a month and again give trouble after charging you may be a quarter of the new price.

Whats the problem.

That what I feel .

tuxfan

Technomancer
I guess it will be in your interests now to get a new one. They will repair one things in the old one and charge you. Next time something else will go kaput. Will you keep paying them for everything? Safer to buy a new one. CD-ROMs are not too expensive.

ishaan

Padawan
so what if ur warranty has expired ?

that only means no more free repairs

just contact the LG Service Center and they will gladly repair ur cdrom if u pay for it

here are some service centers in west bengal

KMS SERVICE, BARRACKPORE (Product)
Door No 118A , Rishi Bankim Sarani Serampore, Hooghly, BARRACKPORE, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033 26525916 26525917, Fax.
OPERATIONS STARTED FROM 11TH OCTOBER 1998
lgkmsbkp@cal2.vsnl.net.in

ANTIQUE, CALCUTTA (Product)
BD-36, Salt Lake , Kolkata, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033 23212059 23212040, Fax.

SOUTHEND SERVICES,SOUTH CAL (Product)
P-537,RAJA BASANTA ROY ROAD , CALCUTTA, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033-24652727 28, Fax.
lgascses@vsnl.net

QUICKEN TOOLS (Product)
KHARBAGAN LANE,SASTITALA RAMRAJATALA HOWRAH, CALCUTTA, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033-6677004, Fax.

MICROLINK, HOOGHLY (Product)
FLAT-M1, BLOCK-B, ARGHA APARTMENT, 50, NEW G.T. ROAD, UTTARPARA, HOOGLY, UTTARPARA(HOOGHLY), WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033-6641684, Fax.
OPERATIONS STARTED FROM NOVEMBER 1998
microlk@cal3.vsnl.net.in

KMS ELECTRONICS PVT. LTD. (Product)
Door No 118 A, Rishi Bankim Sarani , Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal
Tel. 033-26525916 26525917 , Fax.
kmselectronics2000@yahoo.com

RAJ SERVICES, DURGAPUR (Product)
Kamalpur plot, Benajchity, Durgapur-713213 , DURGAPUR, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 03433099655, Fax.
rajserve@sancharnet.net>

GHOSH ELECTRONICS, SILIGURI (Product)
2 Bidhan Road(opp.Focin Gate), Kanchanjungha Stadium,Siliguri Siliguri, SILIGURI, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 0353-2432308, Fax.
lgascil@dte.vsnl.net.in

DIGITECH (Product)
HOTEL VINAYAK COMPLEX,HILL CART ROAD, SILIGURI , SILIGURI , WEST BENGAL
Tel. 0353-529472, Fax.

DELIGHT SERVICE (Product)
18(14) BT ROAD, BARRACKPORE, DIST.-24PGS(NORTH) , BARRACKPORE, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033-5923873, Fax.

EVERGREEN ELECTRONICS (Product)
DOOR NO : 8/1C,BABULBONA ROAD, , BEhRAMPUR, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 03482 262937, Fax.
situdatta@rediffmail.com

Hi Tech Services (Product)
10A, Hospital Street, Ist Floor, Room No 111, Kolkata , Kolkata, West Bengal
Tel. 033-2361703, Fax.

LG ELECTRONICS INDIA LIMITED, CALCUTTA (Product)
1 Ho-Chi-Min-Sarani 6th Floor Metro Towers, , Calcutta-700071, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 033 22883250 54, Fax.
vijendrakumar@lgezbuy.com

MILLINNIUM PLAZA (Product)
GROUND FLOOR,RASHMI APARTMENTS, S.B.GORAI ROAD,ASANSOL, DIST. BURDWAN, ,ASANSOL, WEST BENGAL
Tel. 09832166427, Fax.
aditya_ttarafdar@rediffmail.com

UNIVERSAL SERVICES-ASC (Product)
RGT ROAD, PORT BLAIR , PORT BLAIR, West Bengal
Tel. 03192-230173 236523 43319, Fax.
Kamalabrol@yahoo.com

OP
linardni

linardni

Journeyman
thanx a lot 4 da addresses from where i may get my CD ROM repaired. It's why I appreciate digit forum.....for it's efficient interactive responses which benefits the readers for every odd requisites.....thanx digit forum buddy...

wORm

Journeyman
CD-ROM bigad gaya? To ja ke repair kara na, kaiko Digit forum ka public ka bheja khata hai? :p (Just Kidding)

hey now listen to my story.i had a lg dvd combo and used it for like 9 months.and during this period it worked fine only some 2 ,3 cds it could not read.i had lots of time with me ,so i went to the shop from where i bought it i told him that my drive is not working only.he told me to come after 20 days .i asked him y 20 days ,then he started saying some crap like 1st we send it to the lg centre then theyll repair and send it to us back so it takes time.so i took the address of the lg service centre and went there myself.they told me to come bak after 2 days.when i went there ,surprise surprise,they gave me an all new dvd combo drive recently mfg.and i am still thinking that was there really any problem with my old drive.

ishaan

Padawan
thats bad dude u shoudnta dun that...its cuz of stuff like this that ppl with genuine problems face delays and companies lose faith in its customers....da problem wz prob with the cds only..it happens so many timz

shaunak

Tux Fan
sensationalboy said:
hey now listen to my story.i had a lg dvd combo and used it for like 9 months.and during this period it worked fine only some 2 ,3 cds it could not read.i had lots of time with me ,so i went to the shop from where i bought it i told him that my drive is not working only.he told me to come after 20 days .i asked him y 20 days ,then he started saying some **** like 1st we send it to the lg centre then theyll repair and send it to us back so it takes time.so i took the address of the lg service centre and went there myself.they told me to come bak after 2 days.when i went there ,surprise surprise,they gave me an all new dvd combo drive recently mfg.and i am still thinking that was there really any problem with my old drive.

The same thing happened to me. My iball wireless mouse stopped picking up signals so i went to my dealer. he took 7 days and got it repaired and THEN HE ASKED ME TO PAY 200/- for conveyance. After fighting i had to pay 150/-. After a few weeks power fluctuations and rough handling caused the adapter to go bad again. this time i went straight to the company office in MIDC and the replaced the entire unit over the counter immediately, no questions asked.
Conclusion: dont struggle and waste time after these dealers go straingt to the service center.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Samething alike Happened to me also.
My Samsung Combo Drive post warranty gone bad,co. dont want responsibility in repairing,I on my part didn't know,what the defect genuinely was,but they (authorised Samsung Service Cenntre) told me flatly that the PCB alongwith the lens was damaged,then talking abt repir from them,they told me the repairable parts was not available in stock anymore & alsoinsisted/rather pressurised 2 buy a new drive maybe preferably a Samsung.so that was END of my COMBO drive!

Almost samething happened with my earstwhile Onida DVD player,when it suddenly became DEAD(outside warranty-within 2q yrs).Then again,co service told me PCB card alongwith lens was gone.The problem ,they r insisting 2 buy a New player instead of repair which they r vehemntly shruging off.i dont know WHY?

To say it Straight,I feel Honestly all the co's-BIG or small deliberately release their product with low quality material,which makes them of extremely less durable usage life.I think ,this is a part of their"Thande dimak Se Sochi,Samaji Plan to DUpe customers with their Money in insisting 2 purchase new items,instead of repairing them."THERE IS SURELY A HUGE CHAKAR involving all these 2 tell u frankly"

So for Now, it only Goes as linardni has said "warranty Khatam....fhek du kya??? or just plain "USE & THROW"

I only Hpoe this Cheap/co's extremely profitable Marketing Raket gets Busted by adequate consumer awareness abt their basic rights,which r most inadequate everyehere!

ishaan

Padawan
why do you think d co's r cheating you ? mayb theres a just a manufacturing defect in that specific product

or maybe a defect was caused due to mishandling...eg. too much dust, not enough ventilation space, etc

Onida told you not to repair cuz they probably know that this problem is recurring and it is wiser to purchase a new one rather than get it repaired every month.

since ur product was out of warranty, u cannot blame the company cuz their responsibility was till the warranty period....its like parking..."AT OWNERS RISK"...a theft occurs its ur problem, not the carpark's

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Understanding the UNDERSTANDABLE

ishaan said:
why do you think d co's r cheating you ? mayb theres a just a manufacturing defect in that specific product

or maybe a defect was caused due to mishandling...eg. too much dust, not enough ventilation space, etc

Onida told you not to repair cuz they probably know that this problem is recurring and it is wiser to purchase a new one rather than get it repaired every month.

since ur product was out of warranty, u cannot blame the company cuz their responsibility was till the warranty period....its like parking..."AT OWNERS RISK"...a theft occurs its ur problem, not the carpark's

Yes i can understand that.........bcoz.........it's "KALIYUG" Yaar.........
& well,i can also understand,why u r so much promoting the co's angle......bcoz.........yeah..where did u come from............"HELL"..well that xplains everything maybe....... :lol:

whatever,yaar,i feel cheated by the co's post-sales attitude :evil: THEIR ATTITUDE REALLY "SUCKS":evil:
& hey neva mind.2 mine refrence for ya:peace & :)

thrash_metal

In the zone
My LG DVD Rom (a few yrs back) used to break DVD/CD's into million pieces . Inside the warranty period when this happened for the first time the LG service center dude told me that it was the fault of the media but this happened again and again (using good Sony CD's) so he took it form me and asked to come a week later . When i went back he told me that he had replaced my DVD Rom but i knew he was lying cause i had left a small mark under the back side of the tray which that dude had missed to see . Then he started making stories up but finally had go gve in and gve me a new DVD Rom as a replacement !

But even this one didnt last much . I blew off in 7mnths (failed to read CD's / DVD's ) so i went back again this is what he told me "repair ka kharcha hoga Rs 1200/- buy a new ROM 1500/- " He practically told me to junk it ! Then i went to another dealer (not so known , got his name from a frnd of a frnd) he took a good look at it and opened it did something inside and repaired it in like 10mins charged me Rs 50/- !!

The company dude was tryin to make me spend eventhough nothing serious was wrong with it !! (the other dude told me that it was a minor problem) !!

Where's the Consumer Protection ???????

TechGuru#1

In the zone
thrash_metal said:
My LG DVD Rom (a few yrs back) used to break DVD/CD's into million pieces . Inside the warranty period when this happened for the first time the LG service center dude told me that it was the fault of the media but this happened again and again (using good Sony CD's) so he took it form me and asked to come a week later . When i went back he told me that he had replaced my DVD Rom but i knew he was lying cause i had left a small mark under the back side of the tray which that dude had missed to see . Then he started making stories up but finally had go gve in and gve me a new DVD Rom as a replacement !

But even this one didnt last much . I blew off in 7mnths (failed to read CD's / DVD's ) so i went back again this is what he told me "repair ka kharcha hoga Rs 1200/- buy a new ROM 1500/- " He practically told me to junk it ! Then i went to another dealer (not so known , got his name from a frnd of a frnd) he took a good look at it and opened it did something inside and repaired it in like 10mins charged me Rs 50/- !!

The company dude was tryin to make me spend eventhough nothing serious was wrong with it !! (the other dude told me that it was a minor problem) !!

Where's the Consumer Protection ???????

Just hit the nail Spot on!
I double that!!!

It is happening Every where everytime,but without reprisal (sum evn supporting the co. guys,OMFG)
I think,We really need a RISING here//seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom