Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's the turn on New Line Cinema now.

New Line also moving to Bluray.

Looks like a certain death of HD-DVD.

praka123

left this forum longback
simbly means blu-ray is better ;) and above link in digg reported to be may be inaccurate!

Who

Guess Who's Back
Lol there is no big diffrence in both of the media, its only means sony has marketed very well , anways who cares.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ +1.

Sony is one of the major record labels and movie production companies and they are playing major part in getting bluray into the market.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I don't think there should be 2 formats. I wish one of them die and everyone sticks to one format so that we need not struggle whether to buy HD-DVD/bluray media.

Moreover, dual format drives still cost a bomb and I can buy 2-3 PS3's for that price and they do not provide full set of features.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I don't think there should be 2 formats. I wish one of them die and everyone sticks to one format so that we need not struggle whether to buy HD-DVD/bluray media.

Moreover, dual format drives still cost a bomb and I can buy 2-3 PS3's for that price and they do not provide full set of features.
HD-DVD will die:D

goobimama

 Macboy
The thing about reading dual formats, is that they have to use a lot of different equipment within the same device. It isn't like in the case of DVD+R or DVD-R where the difference was minor. That's part of the reason why currently dual format players cost almost or more than double the separate players.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ agree with you.

Yes. these dual format drives have two different trays, one for HD-DVD and one for bluray.

If there are any new single tray dual format drives, please please educate me :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
oops. wrong link. Let me check.

sorry. that's one of the first drives that came with single tray.

I remember Veronica and Tom (cnet) frowning over two tray players.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
That's confusing, well brothers my advice is wait 2 years & get the player of the winning side :D

OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
[UPDATE]

Sources say Universal and Paramount are both going Blu

*www.engadget.com/2008/01/09/sources-say-universal-and-paramount-are-both-going-blu/

OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
HD DVD fires back, slashes hardware & software prices

*www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/hd-dvd-fires-back-slashes-hardware-and-software-prices/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom