1. Budget?
12-14K Max

2. Display type and size?
Bigger the better

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Except Samsung, and other Chinese brands

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Both front as well as primary, FM radio, Vibrant colour, Good Battery Back up is must

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Want to run following apps.. GMAIL, EVERNOTE, TWITTER, FB, video recordings, Youtube, Google Maps, LinkedIn,Flipboard, Candy Crush, Net Banking Apps, Require notes as well

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G suffice

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Except gaming wants to do everything.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
As of now Nokia 730

10. Any other info that you want to share
No

Minion

Conversation Architect
^He already using Lumia 730.

@OP I would suggest Zenphone 5 Since you will not use it for gamming this device will easily last for 2 days.

OP
C

chintan786

In the zone
First Of all Thank u guys for your suggestions and Sorry for late reply.

I was on travel and can't visit the thread. So here is few updates from my side:

Currently I have iphone 4 from past 3 years and looking for following new features:

1. Recently I have opportunity to have Lumia 520 and I don't like windows OS at all.

So Now I am looking for Droids only. Recently Google came up with Lollipop update so looking for mobile having the same.

Also wants to have at least 5" screen and 5 MP sec. camera and 2 GB RAM.

Budget is still 12K only.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
First Of all Thank u guys for your suggestions and Sorry for late reply.

I was on travel and can't visit the thread. So here is few updates from my side:

Currently I have iphone 4 from past 3 years and looking for following new features:

1. Recently I have opportunity to have Lumia 520 and I don't like windows OS at all.

So Now I am looking for Droids only. Recently Google came up with Lollipop update so looking for mobile having the same.

Also wants to have at least 5" screen and 5 MP sec. camera and 2 GB RAM.

Budget is still 12K only.

All those aren't possible at one time. You either get 5" screen, 2 GB RAM, very late lollipop update in q1 2015 (Zenphone 5) or 5" screen, 1 GB RAM, lollipop update rolling out right now (Moto G 2014). 5 MP secondary camera phones will have 1 gb ram, be stuck on kitkat forever and mostly be from crap rebranders like Mircocrap, karbonn, etc.

OP
C

chintan786

In the zone
All those aren't possible at one time. You either get 5" screen, 2 GB RAM, very late lollipop update in q1 2015 (Zenphone 5) or 5" screen, 1 GB RAM, lollipop update rolling out right now (Moto G 2014). 5 MP secondary camera phones will have 1 gb ram, be stuck on kitkat forever and mostly be from crap rebranders like Mircocrap, karbonn, etc.

thanks for your reply... So wants to know what are my options. I can wait for 1-2 months and also increase budget for 18K

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks for your reply... So wants to know what are my options. I can wait for 1-2 months and also increase budget for 18K

unless it is a Motorola or Nexus, don't expect Lollipop anytime soon. Even Samsung's flagship will receive lollipop sometime in Q1 2015. midrange mobiles from Asus & Sony (only 2 brand worth checking) should receive it sometime in Q2 2015 or later. And as an owner of 2nd gen Moto G, this mobile can run anything so long the processor can handle. ram is almost never a limiting factor.

my suggestion: settle for Moto G or at 22k you have OnePlus One. don't go for overpriced midrange currently available in 15-20k space.

OP
C

chintan786

In the zone
Dear Friends Recently seen HTC 820. wants to know your opinion. although it is way more than my budget of 12K but may be I can afford after 1 month

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget?
12-14K Max

2. Display type and size?
Bigger the better

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Except Samsung, and other Chinese brands

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Both front as well as primary, FM radio, Vibrant colour, Good Battery Back up is must

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Want to run following apps.. GMAIL, EVERNOTE, TWITTER, FB, video recordings, Youtube, Google Maps, LinkedIn,Flipboard, Candy Crush, Net Banking Apps, Require notes as well

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G suffice

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Except gaming wants to do everything.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
As of now Nokia 730

10. Any other info that you want to share
No

just get the 730!! fantastic phone and has all the apps you need except official google apps(3rd party solutions work very well and microsofts own services are very superior)
the camera on the 730 blows every other phone in that budget and the battery life is roughly 1.5 days

Minion

Conversation Architect
Dear Friends Recently seen HTC 820. wants to know your opinion. although it is way more than my budget of 12K but may be I can afford after 1 month

That is a over priced phone buddy no point in getting that either get moto G 2014 of zenphone 5 if you need better camera and 2GB ram.

OP
C

chintan786

In the zone
Zenphone 5 battery sucks. Online reviews didn't say this regarding HTC 820.

- - - Updated - - -

Or l730 is you willing to try a different OS.
thanks but not interested in Lumia or for tht matter Windows OS at all. they are boring

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

I am confused from where I will get a new phone from online or an offline store?
Can any body help me out?
Go with Online Stores with eyes closed like Fk and amazon. can't say the same for the rest.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Zenphone 5 battery sucks. Online reviews didn't say this regarding HTC 820.
^
Correction. Zenfone 5's battery used to suck with Android Jellybean. Kitkat seems to have solved Zenfone 5's battery problems for good. My zenfone 5 now lasts almost a day with only 70 % charging. Also screen on time while browsing has improved significantly(As in earlier I used to get only 2.30 to 3 hours screen on time while web browsing but right now getting more than 4 hours). :smile:

Top Bottom