Wanted to upgrade PC to Gaming PC

BHU5HAN

Broken In
Hello there, I want to upgrade my PC to Mid-range Gaming PC. :)

Current configuration:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
  • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3L (rev 3.1)
  • Ram: 2 x 4GB Transcend JM1333KLN-4G
  • HDD: 500GB Seagate ST3500418AS
  • Optical Drives: Sony DVD RW AD-7260S
  • Monitor: HP Pavillion 22fi

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:

• For Playing games in medium-high settings like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, CoD 4 Modern Warfare, Max Payne 3, NFS MW and Upcoimg games in 2013 like GTA IV, NFS Rivals, F1 2013, Saints Row IV.
  • For Watching 1080p Full HD movies.
  • For Photo editing and Creating web design layout in Photoshop.
  • For Programming in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL.
  • For Surfing internet.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 30K. Yes, I can extend a bit.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Don't needed, I already have enough space.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I dont want ot buy a monitor. I have HP Pavillion 22fi with 1920x1080@60Hz resolution.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: CPU, Mobo, Ram, HDD, DVD RW, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Headphones, OS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as I finalize the stuff to buy.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Yes, I have built a desktop before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Vashi, Navi Mumbai. I am buying from Vashi or Lamington Road or from Online shop. I'll probably buy cabinet from online shop :oops:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
I want GPU with ≥2GB memorry size and Semi-modular PSU.

My current pick:
GPU: MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
PSU: Corsair CX600M
Cbinet: Cooler Master Enforcer

But I have doubt that "Will my motherboard support this latest GPU's?" :-?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
GTX 770 alone costs 32K. Better get a HD 7970 custom cooler version and Seasonic S12II 620 PSU as suggested earlier.

OP
B

BHU5HAN

Broken In
thanks for all the suggestion

nzxt gamma - 2.5k
seasonic s12 ii 620 - 5k
amd hd 7970 - 27k
can you tell me Where is that HD 7970 is available at 27K ?
I checked the Price of HD 7970 in 3 shops at Vashi, they dont have any HD 7970 at 27K

And what are the other options available for nzxt gamma. How is the NZXT Tempest 410 @5K?

and what about Corsair CX600M?

ankush28

Bazinga
Avoid CX series smps they are not good for high end components Seasonic S12ii 620 is best please dont compromise with PSU n gpu for other components.
For gfx card Ask for Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 edition

Avoid CX series smps they are not good for high end components Seasonic S12ii 620 is best please dont compromise with PSU n gpu for other components.
For gfx card Ask for Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 edition

Top Bottom