want to upgrade to a gaming machine pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersaiyan

In the zone
hey there. i want to assemble a gaming machine for 50000 bucks. is this config fine and future proof(currently i am running a compaq presario 5000 with intel 810 mobo, onboard graphics , samsung dvd rom 192 mb sd ram) :cry:-
amd 64 bit processor
msi mobo
nvidia gpu or ati
samsung monitor
present speakers, keyboard, mouse, dvd rom and floppy drive.
pls help

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
wait for the 939 processor prices to come down a bit and then go for a new Rig. Also X800 and Geforce 6 series prices shud b going down till december or sumthng. Waiting for the 6600 series frm Nvidia also makes sense.

theraven

Technomancer
yeah this is a very cruicial point to upgrade for a budget like that
u can squeeze in real good components for ur buck if u wait a bit

G

gxsaurav

Do not upgrade now, & don't ever upgrade to Prescott untill U have really good cooling, wait this year, till december then upgrade

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
well i will try to hold off my patience. but till that time i will have my preboards and then boards. so probably i would have to buy in sometime around may 2005. I think till that time the pci-e will be in the market and will be cheaper. will put that money in the bank. by the way which is the 939 processor an amd or intel?

theraven

Technomancer
lol @krazydude .. my post ofcourse was for supersaiyan ...
since hes going for a whole new pc .. we just suggested he wait for dec..
but since he wont be able to do it only in may ... i said that would be a better idea ..
i ofcourse dont mean everyone should wait till may 2005 ... that would just kill everyone .. hehehe
and yes .. do wait till dec for graphics card ...
pci-E's should start pouring in .. making agp8x cheaper ...
just waiting for the darned 6800 GT's
its like $420 ... i hope someone goes abroad soon :D :lolz:

theraven

Technomancer
ati vs nvidia. .. hmmm
search the forum ... ull get a handful of topics .. trust me ...
lets not start this discussion here again :)

G

gxsaurav

Get a PS2, even I won't be updating my PC FOR GAMING in the future, I mean eaht the point U have to upgrade every 1 or 2 years, & what will happend to the old Hardware U have

If it is gaming only then get a console & a value PC

crackshot

Broken In
with PS3 2 be out in 2K5, what's the problem 4 gamin especially when u know its GFX synthesizer nd processor is based on parallel computing something fairly common in supercomputers!!!! Gaming is goin 2 take another edge by the release of XBOX2 as well. So gentlemen Fasten ur seatbelts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
sorry for posting after such a long time. well if the ps3 is goin to be so powerful with parallel computing then the pcs won't be behind. and besides if we practically see the console it is a pc only for gaming purpose. i have heard that ati gpus are unstable but give good perfomance. till that time the blue ray would be in and the gddr ram would be also in the market. go to sony's site for further info on the ps3. the ps3 will also support blue ray. so before releasing it they would have to make a standard and thats's not possible in 8 mnths. BTW i wanted to ask why do the consoles give so much better graphics than the pc. r there gpus in them also??

theraven

Technomancer
thats the key question isnt it ?? :D
well as simply as i can put it ... yeah it has a dedicated processor for graphcis ...
not like our pc's where its used for ... welll everything..
this processor ofcourse utilises all power for game
apart from this ... console games are .. how do i say .... "optimised" for the consoles ... so the consoles render the effects well .

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
do u think that there would be an official ps2 emulator cause bleem was shutdown . and btw in this mnth's digit, one person asked how can one run playstation games on the pc. the digit team replied that one could run ps1 and ps2 games on bleem. well they r wrong. bleem can only run ps1 games. Plus as bleem has now shutdown i think it is illegal to use its emulator. i yesterday read the Fanatics vs nvidiots and the thread was very good. but it was developing into a sort of a fight. if i am correct ati's perfomance is better than nvidia(not taking into focus the 6600gt vs x800) but their prices are too high. so therefore it depends on the user which brand he/she wants to buy. one more thing how many of you have played doom3. well i have at my friend's place.

theraven

Technomancer
dude .. dont say that .. ull start another fight over here ... lol
it depends a lot on which cards ur comparing and on what basis ...
in the top end segment .. o well forget it .. cuz that could start a fight as well ..
like i said doesnt matter ;)
mostly everyone i know here has played doom 3 and so have i .. man the game rules and it scares the bejeesus outta me

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
wht abt bleem. digit people were wrong weren't they. doom 3 is extremely scary. most of the game is played in the dark and most of the people u trust or u think would survive either die or turn into ugly, hideous creatures. also why do id software always make their games so high end. first time quake was released it was high end. doom was released it was high end. do they want to increase sales of high end hardware along with their games. well if that is true then i think it is somewhat wrong. btw quake wasn't and still isn't very good. i have played better fps games(like Ut).also doom 3 doesn't have repeat value.

ctrlaltdel

Right off the assembly line
id doesnt makes high end games to push hardware sales! Do you really want to stay stuck in pre-90's graphics? Who doesnt craves foe a cinematic experience in gaming? id is just giving into the demands of the gaming community. Its not like its on the payroll of ATi or Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom