Want to upgrade old PC. (Proccy+RAM+Motherboard)

ankush28

Bazinga
I ve one question... the above processor u guys r saying me to buy me. Can u tell me , what is the difference b/w speed of my old core2duo 2.66Ghz vs Corei3 on scale of 100.

I have not used any core i 3 on desktop before. So m new to corei3. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
ci3 is far better(newer) then c2d....(consider c2d is just 60% of ci3-3220)
but think again do you seriously need update... reserve it for future.

dabster

In the zone
1. My 1.5yr old win7 Ultimate was lagging so installed latest win7 this month frm torrent. But after installing all program like firefox.. chrome.. km player .. almost 20 programs.. it start mild lagging. Like opening firefox takes 10-12seconds to open.

2.how to check DMA? Mine both hdd is sata.

3. 2nd RAM slot is faulty now.

4. Will try that..

1. You need to optimize too. pick ultradefrag or defraggler(1st one prefered choice for me) and optimize system files. After installing the OS and driver + programs you use. its common to have very fragmented drive).
2. you don't need to worry then on this.
3. that's a bummer. reduces option for upgrade.

do 1 and Check your drive using hdsentinal or freeware crystaldisk info.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
ci3 is far better(newer) then c2d....(consider c2d is just 60% of ci3-3220)
but think again do you seriously need update... reserve it for future.

hey ankush !! i m still using old core2duo and financial problem so unable to buy i3 proccesor +mobo+ram, so i need ur suggestion , should i change MOBO only so i can use 2nd RAM slot also?

From where i can get new 775 socket MOBO ?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
one and half year thread necroed :|

- - - Updated - - -

hey ankush !! i m still using old core2duo and financial problem so unable to buy i3 proccesor +mobo+ram, so i need ur suggestion , should i change MOBO only so i can use 2nd RAM slot also?

From where i can get new 775 socket MOBO ?
ebay is your god

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
My 2nd RAM slot working now. :) Btw, can i use 6 GB/s SATA HDD of 1TB with my ASUS MOBO (it supports 3GB/s SATA drive)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems like you don't know but no conventional mechanical hdd can even fully utilize sata2 3gbps let alone sata3 6gbps.sata2 & 3 matters only for ssd not hdd.

Top Bottom