Want to purchase Antivirus.. lowest cost

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
plaining to buy antivirus.. please help ....

requirnment : lowest cost and effective.. for online usage and data transfer

was checking out :
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 User) @ rs 870.. that comes to Rs 290 .. if i share it with my friends....

Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 (1 User) @ Rs 290

But was confused .... whts the difference between these two .. and wht should i purchase.

please suggest..

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
plaining to buy antivirus.. please help ....

requirnment : lowest cost and effective.. for online usage and data transfer

was checking out :
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 User) @ rs 870.. that comes to Rs 290 .. if i share it with my friends....

Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 (1 User) @ Rs 290

But was confused .... whts the difference between these two .. and wht should i purchase.

please suggest..

Antivirus is just that - only the AV, no firewall or antispam....Internet Suite is combo of AV, firewall and antispam module!

If you have safe web habits, you dont need a AV! If your system interacts with external media on a regular basis, you are probably better off with a AV only. If you are behind a router with NAT, a Firewall is hardly required unless you have a internal network behind the router and want the network traffic firewalled and monitored.

Be aware that, Antivirus companies choose to stay one step behind the black hats, otherwise they would have to wind up and close shop, so there is no AV really which would protect you all the time.

There are lots of threads here with discussions on AV, firewall and network security issues - check them out.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@Alive_Hunter
I am using for a long time(with appropriate FREE updates/upgrades)
AVG Anti Virus Free,
Zone Alarm Firewall Free,
Spybot Search @ Destroy Free,
SUPERAntiSpyware Free,
Microsoft Security Essentials Free,

NO PROBLEM AT ALL TILL DATE:lol:

PreetamD

Right off the assembly line
@Alive_Hunter

Why BUY security suites when you can get them for FREE ?? I personally use Avast + Malwarebytes + Comodo Firewall (ONLY Firewall, not the full suite). I'm using it for 5 years and never had any problems till date.

My suggestion is not to go for paid security suites. And one more thing, the best security suite out there is "Common Sense 2012" :lol::lol:

rohit3221

Broken In
I've been using Kaspersky Antivirus for the past 4-5 yrs, and I must say I am very satisfied. I've also tried Kaspersky Internet Security, but it blocked many websites which I wanted to access as well, gave me some troubles downloading stuff from rapidshare etc. So if you are okay with just antivirus, I'd recommend Kaspersky.
Its available on flipkart @Rs295 (1 yr).

jaysatish

I think, therefore I am.
If you have a genuine version of Windows, get Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, as effective as commercial products and convenient.

If you really want a commercial one, my votes are for Kaspersky or Avira.

Top Bottom