want to OPEN A GAME PARLOUR

aickhanna

Right off the assembly line
hi guys

i wish to open a game parlour in city KHANNA - District Ludhiana Punjab. please suggest me will my idea work, what is the overall scenario these days of gaming parlors, i am planning to have 3 ps3 move, one nintendo wii and one xbox kinnect also let me know other options. i will go these with 32 inch LCD tvs. to start with i am going with 5 terminals. i am confused that will this idea works as in my city only two or three small parlours are there in mohallas and small areas. i am having a space of 700 sq ft. but due to budget problem i am not going with companies like zapak and gamedrome of sify. i want to start with 2 lcs or so . kindly suggest me how to start with or not to start this venture kindly email me aickhanna@yahoo.com thanks guys............ sachin

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
what is your budget overall?

I have no idea whether Consoles will attract public; but PC gaming + CS LAN would certainly.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Believe me consoles can make quick money. I have seen number of Parlors here which are charging nearly 50 rupees per hour for a nex-gen console. And, children are all over them.

And charges are pretty high in shopping malls. Nearly 30bucks for 15 minutes. Do some research in your locality, if you even slightly feel that your locality has market for consoles, set up a lounge and arrange all 3 consoles.

And if there are PCs, CS Lan is must. And, if you are running in a busy area.. I think you should purchase a parlor license for the most of the games. Else, it wold be illegal to exhibit games. This can be passable if you are living in remote area.. which again is not that good for consoles.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Its not about hardware. The games we purchase generally are only for private usage, we should not involve them in any kind of money making process. But, we can Email the game publisher to ask for a permission. I don't know how much they will charge. But, getting genuine game is a mandatory process. And, check with your local law enforcement system. In some cities, you should get permission for Police department before opening a gaming parlor.

83.satinder

hi mate,
I am thinking of opening a games parlour in delhi on the same lines as you are. If you get any more information. It would be nice if you could share the same with me.

Thanks,
Satinder

gameranand

Living to Play
83.satinder said:
I am thinking of opening a games parlour in delhi on the same lines as you are. If you get any more information. It would be nice if you could share the same with me.
f you are planning for Delhi then you gotta take license from the publisher and police department.

I have seen people paying a lot for console gaming here. They pay about 50 bucks an hour so its surely is a good money making business but the problem is with licenses because they come for private use as Vamsi said earlier and you are using the game publicly. Although Law and Enforcement is not that good in our country so very few gives damn about licenses but if you are not getting then its illegal.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@aicKhanna: Have you thought about doing a market survey? Just do a survey of various localities. Ask them what games they play, how much maximum they would be able to pay, will they even consider playing. You will also get an idea about where best to open shop.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its not about hardware. The games we purchase generally are only for private usage, we should not involve them in any kind of money making process.

isn't it like 1 game 1 PC? or even games brought through steam are not allowed for use in public machines?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I suggest you console gaming.

Few Parlors in my city charge as much as Rs. 60 per hour and rs. 35 per half hour. and they are mostly full. THey charge for PS3 and Xbox 360

PS2 parlors in a good spot in my city are triple full with people than a room can hold. Yes, PS2 is more full but a new gen console will give more earnings. But yeah, you will have to invest more

Sarath

iDota
My friends got one near a college (best spot) and it works. Surveying is very important. Check for viable customers.

I have a PS3-Xbox-Wii lounge near my place. Charges 150/hour (80 for members)

If its consoles you want to get then dont forget PS2 apart from PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. As told above PS2 is still bigger than PS3 in our market and its cheaper (games also).

I hope it works for you. Good Luck.

83.satinder

Thanks so much for these replies, I didn’t expect so many of you replying.

I have zeroed on the place I would like to open. I am going in for PS2, PS3 and Wii.

@Sarath : Rs 150 for an hour.. thats too much and I guess people are more than willing to pay for these.

@aickhanna: Did you manage to open a Joint?

and for all: Do you think the games parlours you talked about have really got Licence's and approvals. I guss most of them would be running thes ejoints from thier appts?

Thanks All

Sarath

iDota
Yeah it is right beside my house. He tried to talk me into taking a membership to play cheaply for (Rs 80/hour) but this is whitefield. An area where everythings expensive.
I think the PS2's will milk you more money than the others.

Get the legal procedures done. Better not to get into any trouble later on.

Post some pics when you set up your place. Good luck.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Gaming parlous can give you lots of money but you have to give it really good time.
You can go for a setup where you have 4-5 gaming PC along with 2 XBOX 360 and 1 PS3 and 2 PS2 !

Gaming PC for LAN gaming ..

XBOX for its cheap games DVD and high quality - Don't let ppl play Smackdown on xbox as you will damage your controller very soon.. they are not cheap .. but it lets 4 ppl to play single game.. you can easy charge Rs. 40-50 per hour per person

PS2 is still famous for games like Smackdown .. lets you play 6 pple at once with multitap. .. Downlhill domination, Urban reigh etc..

Goodluck..
LAN gaming attracts other kind of gamers.. CS, Crisis, Unreal tournament, Halo.. all thses games are addictive.. even old IGI2 on LAN makes ppl freak out ..

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
^^Fifa on LAN is a very good attraction in our place...

btw it's surprising to see such high rates of consoling gaming... In our area (on the outskirts of Kolkata), there are a very few Gaming Parlors with PS2 and PS3 and they charge about 20 per hour at the most...

gameranand

Living to Play
soumo27 said:
btw it's surprising to see such high rates of consoling gaming... In our area (on the outskirts of Kolkata), there are a very few Gaming Parlors with PS2 and PS3 and they charge about 20 per hour at the most...
Lucky you but here in Delhi its kind of expensive about 40 to 50 per hour.

Piyush

Lanaya
well i used to go greater noida for lan gaming
they(game parlor) had impressive setup there

in a room, the 2 opposite walls had 4 PCs each(i.e. 4 PCs on both sides)
and they had 2 circle shaped setup in the center of the room with 4 PCs each

so the total parlor had 16 PCs out of which the center ones had expensive gaming accessories and the rest 8 had the normal ones

the guy used to charge 20/hr for side PCs and 30/hr on the center PCs

83.satinder

Hi Sarath,

thanks for your reply. If you could provide me an address to this location that would be nice. I can then pay a visit and check out my self. If you don't want to disclose the location in the forum, send me an e-mail "83.satinder@gmail.com".

@Piyush: Hi, if you could get me the address of the greater noida place that would be nice.

Thanks,
satinder

Sarath

iDota
@83.satinder Check your mail

I have his business card i will take a pic and PM u or post it here. Its called GAME ZEN (Whitefield, Bangalore).
I have been there once and he's divided it onto many sections (not physical barriers)

2 couches and 2 32" LCDs make a square and you get a PS3 on one and Xbox 360 on another. He has four of these set up.

Also saw some 2 Nintendo Wii's on the wall since that is played standing.

Charges: 150/hour non members
80/hour members- you have to buy some Rs.1500 recharge i guess for this
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found the card. They have a web address GameZen – Redefining the Gaming Experience!

Last edited:

83.satinder

@Sarath,

Thanks mate for the link and the business card. I will check out the website.

and I will surely send you the pics when the parlour opens, its going to take some time, but will happen.

Thanks again,
Satinder

Top Bottom