want to host my website <guide me>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
expertno.1 said:
hey what about my question

what does www.zoneedit.com does ?

If u hav a site hosted by geocites then u ll hav a cumbersome url. now even if u buy a domain name, u cant use it as geocities ( the free package) wont provide u wid DNS ((Domain Name Server (or system) – An Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses)) management . So here comes zoneedit. with their help, u can make ur domain name point to any desired ip address i.e. to ur geocities site url. also they provide mail forwarding. that is, all mails sent to something@yourdomainname.com will be forwarded to ur actual email id e.g. urname@gmail.com

crashuniverse

In the zone
for nuke pHp , i think windows is the requirement...

@ QWERTY: whats dat dude? php NUKE is designed for Linux and NEVER for windows. 'cmon u gotta maintain ur digitiged/warning status. never mind.

I repeat agin the comptt. in the market is so hot that u can have web hosting solutions at nice rates. FreeServers 'd never support php nuke installations, my sql support and all.

I m practising with Nuke PHP as it create tasks easy
php Nuke is a 22.01 MB script which needs to be installed in ur space before u can start using it. Measn, u have to select a package which is 25 MB+ to be comfortable later.

But the softwares they have installed are bit old...(PHP 4.3.11 [latest 4.4] and MYsql 4.0.24 [latest 4.1.3]) and OS is also very old i.e. Redhat 7.1
I am very sorry for not updating the site for server features, we recently upgraded to RedHat Enterprise 3 i686. and a lil' difference in php and mysql versions doesn't matter much, which u realise by a lil' experience.

And i repeat again, paid hosting makes u learn better, smarter and faster. Happy hosting.

Deep

Version 2.0
oops crashuniverse, I didnt know that it was ur server,

anyways back to the point...

actually version difference does matter...

in mysql 4.1 they have support for international languages also like you can store data in indian languages (UTF8 character set support) where in 4.0 there is no support....and in 4.1.3 they have fixed some security issues also...

check out this page for the list of new features: *dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/nutshell-4-1-features.html

About PHP, there was some memory corruption problem in 4.3.11 so they have fixed in 4.4.0 check the changelog here: *www.php.net/ChangeLog-4.php

take care
Deep

P.S. Please do not think that I am personally targetting you or anyone, I am just giving common suggestion :)

crashuniverse

In the zone
Please do not think that I am personally targetting you or anyone, I am just giving common suggestion

@deep: thats why forums exist, to learn more and more. u ppl can see i have been workin' wid all these things still u never reach a point where u know everything.

akshar

Broken In
Free servers is not really free

I will sugest that u should go with geocities or tripod rather than going for freeservers.
Also linux server is a better bet than windows one. Even BSNL gives free web space and state of art (?) service.
It will always be better to go for an Indian company rather than us one.

Deep

Version 2.0
lol they are giving 1MB free sapce.. :D

check this: *www.bsnl.co.in/service/internet_tariff.htm

- E-mail space per e-mail ID shall be 4 Mb
- Free web space for user ID shall be 1 MB

Deep

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
India, my dear tuxfan. In a place where with a internet connection we are given 10-30KBps speed, 256MB Download Limit, 4MB E-mail id with no feature, 1MB web space with such a long url that you forget the page name yourself and still claim to be the no. 1 connection in India. That's DATAONE for you.

Aisa Des hai mera aahaan aisa des hai mera
dharti sunehari ambar neela - 2
aisa hi des hai mera, aisa des hai mera.

BSNL DATAONE SUCKS>>>>>>

crashuniverse

In the zone
ab bas bhi karo doston. bsnl sucks. universal fact.

wait for wi-max as i said, it it does that i m 10% proud of it, else it goes and goes like the same.

expertno.1

Technomancer
crashuniverse said:
ab bas bhi karo doston. bsnl sucks. universal fact.

wait for wi-max as i said, it it does that i m 10% proud of it, else it goes and goes like the same.

and what about airtel broadband

bsnl sucks really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom