want to host my website <guide me>

Status
Not open for further replies.

digidream

Broken In
Hello Techies,

I have booked a domain name at www.incyberinc.com for 1 year. Actually I m new to website hosting so want to know that should I purchase space on same site (in my case incyberinc.com) or can I purchase space from any other provider.

One more thing I want to know that is there any web hosting provider who offer free space. So for some time I can check my site. I m planning to design my website with the help of Nuke PHP. which type of server I need. linux or windows.

Have a nice time,

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
U can contact ny other space hoster for space of ur domain, but it is best to buy it from the domain giver...

for nuke pHp , i think windows is the requirement...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
hey !
He says that he needs a webpage buy sanction, so y the free and disrespected sites buddie ?

Wats a site without a pic called ?

crashuniverse

In the zone
u can buy webspace from any company. but before that u neeed to know whether ur domain registration company provides the domain lock or not. in case it doesnt' then u r bind to host with them. if they give domain lock (which is a usual thing) then there are simple steps to point ur domain name to any server, which r listed below:

1. login ur domain control panel
2. change ur name servers to that of the hosting company
ex: ns1.hostingcompany.com
ns2.hostingcompany.com
3. logout. u can see the changes in 0-4 hrs.

I personally advice u to have a hosting space too as it has been so cheap these days and provides much facilities as compared to the free hosting services. hosting can be as cheap as 5 MB space for rs. 200 and dis is enough to start wid. in case u need PM me.

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
Thanks Priya Ranjan

You cleared the smoke of confusion. I have quoted 2 more issues in my post. Which type of server should I prefer Linux or windows.

My domain registration company provided domain lock.

Please tell me the sites also as you mentioned the package. One more thing, when ever I type my booked domain at address bar for checking, it shows me ""The page cannot be displayed". I was thinking that it should show that this domain is locked or something else.

Have a nice time.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Domain lock is not for DNS :roll: It is for transferring domain registration from one registrar to another. And it doesn't prevent you form transferring. You can unlock it any time and transfer it :D

As for hosting, with express page you will land up paying more than 4000 for the year :shock: I can provide you hosting at much cheaper rate :lol:

But frankly speaking, since you are new, you should not go for paid hosting, unless of course you are too serious about your site and have some real contents. You can go to *www.freeservers.com for hosting your account for free. But don't take their paid services. :)

What is your site going to contain? Who will design it?

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
Thanks,

I have basic ideas of web designing. I m practising with Nuke PHP as it create tasks easy.

I want to know that whenever I type my booked domain name at address bar, it shows "The page can not be displayed". What I want that it should show that this name is booked or locked.

I m checking freeservers. Are they provide .in domain transfer?

My site content is city info, business guide, route guide, imp. nos. & some general information. I can pay some amount for a good web hosting But first I want to know that which type of server I should take Linux or Windows. I also want to know some economical web hosting provider. I have booked domain name with .in extension.

Have a nice time.

Deep

Version 2.0
check whois info here *www.whois.sc/put_your_domain_name_here.com

replace put_your_domain_name_here.com with your real domain name with any ext. except .in

for .in check *directi.com

about hosting, it depends on requirements, if u have just simple html files or work done in perl, php then linux is the best

but if u work is done in asp or asp.net then windows....

Deep

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
Thnx for all

One thing:- if for some time I transfer my domain name to freeservers & after one month I decide to purchase my own web space then is it easy to quit freeservers.

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
Please check & rate the limux pacakage provided by economicalhost at
*economicalhost.com/linuxpack.asp

Linux 1-direct, which is available only for Rs. 800/- but check its quotation, it does not provide mysql support in that price. is it ok or not

Linux 2-bulk buyer is sound attractive, but pl. check it's technical details, is it right.

Deep

Version 2.0
well to be frank, I found the rates quite costly (compared to the ones I had mailed you)

They are offering 300 for 1500 a year but when you click on more details you find out how costly they are...

They are not giving mysql database support with it...and if u want support then u have to pay 1000 rs extra....

they are giving 3 gig of bandwidth a month and allow only 3 sites to host....

If it was me then i would not have gone for that pack...

Deep

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
So, which pack should I consider. Economical & durable, I'll design my site with the help of nuke PHP so I think I need mysql database support.
well to be frank, I found the rates quite costly (compared to the ones I had mailed you)
you had not mailed me any rates. pl. check.

Deep

Version 2.0
I have sent PM with the rates again :)

About skyinfoways, their rates are quite decent...
But the softwares they have installed are bit old...(PHP 4.3.11 [latest 4.4] and MYsql 4.0.24 [latest 4.1.3]) and OS is also very old i.e. Redhat 7.1

So now it is your choice with whom you shall go...

Regards
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Please post that in different thraed? as this thread is about web hositng guide...

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom