Want to buy new mobile ....under 32 k , please suggest....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokey_4u

Broken In
1. Budget? -- under 30K-32 k.

2. Display type and size? -- aprrox 5" ,doesn't matter.

3. Dual sim? -- Not a must, but if yes its good.

4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC 820 dual, SAMSUNG s5 or Galaxy Note 3, Xpearia z2 or other

5. camera option (flash, front facing camera)? -- Mainly for camera. Front facing and rear must be great. above 10 megapixel with good quality

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). -- Preferably Android with great features....

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). -- Yes, 3G and 4G with Wifi

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? -- Internet,camera, gaming with PAD

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? -- Nope.

10. Any other -- excellent battery backup life. Uses camera and internet very often. ESP front camera.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
You went from low to mid budget within one thread :-D.
Well I can suggest you checking out Z2 since it is fulfilling all your requirements but the self cracking problem still persists there.
If you are not on early horse to buy in a week or so you should hold your purchase. New flagship will be shown of in MWC in march and it will result in a considerable fall in price of older gen.
But still if you want a phone with good battery life and camera and also like features you can go for S5 as well.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
samsung display and camera is oversaturated and touchwiz is a major bloat
the google play edition ones are still ok-ok but id still suggest the xperia Z series over samsung
I suggest you give windows phone a try ,it ticks all the boxes and beats most other android phones by a huge margin in terms of battery life and cameras(Lumia line up especially)

$hadow

Geek in making
the google play edition ones are still ok-ok but id still suggest the xperia Z series over samsung
I suggest you give windows phone a try ,it ticks all the boxes and beats most other android phones by a huge margin in terms of battery life and cameras(Lumia line up especially)

Xperia Z series self cracking :-D

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ quite agree!! dunno why i forgot about the Moto X,it even has a sony exmor sensor on it so its got a good shooter as well

eureka

Banned
@OP :then go for Xperia Z2, or I say go for Z3, if you can stretch that budget a little bit, as camera is your main concern.
Else my recommendation would be in this order, Note 3, S5, S4, Htc M8 Eye. If you want the best of everything (apart form the UI) then you can consider S5 too. Second best display, IP67 certification, a robust build, there's very little wrong with the phone. You can get the Note 3 for a bigger display, S Pen too, it's still an excellent phone. I would have strongly recommended the M8 Eye if only I had seen a proper review of the phone, but I think it's worth a shot, and believe me Sense is so much better then TouchWiz.

- - - Updated - - -

Samsung galaxy S5 has the best camera among android smartphones. Get it....
This is not entirely true mate. While S5 is a great and capable shooter undeniably I still think Xperia lineup has its own advantages. I mean where these Samsungs fail is in night situations. I haven't seen any Samsung doing great in low light. Yes S5 might have better rating in DXO, that's right too, but that includes 120 fps video recording, well that thing alone can make it better in paper than anything, but for real photo shooters, for those who can and do play with manual settings I think a Z2 or Z3 will be a better option than S5. The low light capabilities of Z series are really nice, significantly better than S series of Samsung I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a Moto X (2014) instead
Guy wanted a phone for camera purposes mainly, and you are suggesting something which has a below average camera? Moto X 2014's camera is a slight improvement over Moto X 2013's camera, while 2013 X's camera was one of the worst of its kind.
Next time if you are unsure about what to post, just refrain, a kind request to you.
^^ quite agree!! dunno why i forgot about the Moto X,it even has a sony exmor sensor on it so its got a good shooter as well
A Sony sensor which was used in S4 and G2 (I could be wrong about the LG model, not my thing) and while both of them were fantastic shooters, Moto X 2014 did something to mess up on the software part, leaving with a below average camera on it, which produces way off colours, way off saturation, WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

This message deserves an award,
*i.imgur.com/8fUpXID.gif

:lol: Look at that statement
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION]: I do need fresh air. Referred from your suggestion in another topic.
:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] could you prove all Samsung devices having "oversaturated" "display" and "camera". I'd be happy.

@OP you could go for Sony xperia z2 or z3 for the best camera mobile out there but the screen cracking issues are present.

otherwise my vote still goes for Samsung s5 snapdragon version

you could go for exynos version if you want better music quality as it has wolfson dac

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] could you prove all Samsung devices having "oversaturated" "display" and "camera". I'd be happy.

its obvious,plus samsung quality build quality and touchwiz bog it down badly
@ op get Moto X

- - - Updated - - -

It's criticised for its cam in most of the reviews, doesn't produce the right colors.

still its better than samsungs oversaturated results imho
(ps-these are my views,doesnt apply to everyone)

- - - Updated - - -

im not bothering typing a reply to eureka
if you cant put your views forth without lame personal attacks,you probably shouldnt be in a public forum

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] please put up some links proving that display and camera are oversaturated from reliable websites or even if you get a member backing you on that opinion i shall agree with you

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not attacking or anything I'm just asking to prove.

its the last thing we want in forum people giving wrong advice

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] please put up some links proving that display and camera are oversaturated from reliable websites or even if you get a member backing you on that opinion i shall agree with you

The era of inaccurate AMOLED screens is over
only the tab s series has lost the oversaturation..

- - - Updated - - -

*www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-5s-vs-galaxy-s5-cameras,review-2190.html
*www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S5s-screen-is-far-from-the-best-heres-why_id56255
*www.phonearena.com/reviews/Screen-comparison-Galaxy-S5-vs-iPhone-5s-vs-One-M8-vs-Note-3-vs-Nexus-5-vs-G2_id3652
*www.extremetech.com/computing/177119-177119
*androidandme.com/2014/04/devices/htc-one-m8-versus-the-samsung-galaxy-s5-camera-shootout/

the.one

In the zone
I would still not suggest spending 30+ k on any of last yrs phones.

Very few have LTE / 64 bit chips, hence they're less future proof. I guess u won't want to pay a premium for devices that lack these.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Nice answer. I agree with oversaturated screen. Isn't that inherent property of AMOLED display? Did Motorola invent New AMOLED screen?

in case of camera not for me it wasn't sufficient proof. Only one website stated oversaturated camera and that also in some situations. But you got me.

Samsung has saturated display but camera is only little saturated that's also in some situations

still in my opinion @op get Samsung s5 snapdragon version it also has 4g compatibility in India

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Nice answer. I agree with oversaturated screen. Isn't that inherent property of AMOLED display? Did Motorola invent New AMOLED screen?

in case of camera not for me it wasn't sufficient proof. Only one website stated oversaturated camera and that also in some situations. But you got me.

Samsung has saturated display but camera is only little saturated that's also in some situations

still in my opinion @op get Samsung s5 snapdragon version it also has 4g compatibility in India

We don't get Snapdragons in India.And Exynos is crap.

Go for Moto X2 32 GB or LG G3.
Don't worry about it's camera.
Mine N6 camera beats iP6+ in normal daylight conditions.

Anyways HDR will do it's part and next update will bring raw photography to X2 also.

My vote for
Moto X2
LG G2 or LG G3 (if it's in your budget.)

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
We don't get Snapdragons in India.And Exynos is crap.

Go for Moto X2 32 GB or LG G3.
Don't worry about it's camera.
Mine N6 camera beats iP6+ in normal daylight conditions.

Anyways HDR will do it's part and next update will bring raw photography to X2 also.

My vote for
Moto X2
LG G2 or LG G3 (if it's in your budget.)

dude Samsung has launched 4g Samsung s5 in India and it has snapdragon chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom