Want to buy Laptop under 70K budget | Performance matters.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
All current AAA games use more than 4 threads end of story. Games like Crysis 3 prefer real physical cores instead of HT threads. So that's an added advantage in core i7 CPU.

crisis 3 is a very graphic intensive game!! there arent many games like that yet which are that power hungry , thats my point
ofcourse some video editing programs will use it and since op mentioned that he needs that kind of power , the best gpu and cpu available makes sense

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
crisis 3 is a very graphic intensive game!! there arent many games like that yet which are that power hungry , thats my point
ofcourse some video editing programs will use it and since op mentioned that he needs that kind of power , the best gpu and cpu available makes sense

You kidding me?? All games of late 2013 to 2014 are like that. Coh 2, bf 4, cod ghosts, metro ll to name a few, the list is endless.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You kidding me?? All games of late 2013 to 2014 are like that. Coh 2, bf 4, cod ghosts, metro ll to name a few, the list is endless.
i never said there arent games (most of them share the same engines like cry engine , unreal etc) , i said it hasnt become the norm yet

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i never said there arent games (most of them share the same engines like cry engine , unreal etc) , i said it hasnt become the norm yet

Actually they are not made in the same engine.
Crysis 3-Cry Engine
COD:Ghosts- Infinity ward engine.
BF 4/Rivals:Frostbite 3.
Bioshock Infinte-Unreal Engine 3.
Metro LL- 4A engine.

Unreal Engine 3 does not support multi-threading, rest of them do.

OP
P

praneetsah

Broken In
Looks like i lenovo is beter...But i cant decide between Z510(59-398016) and Y510p(59-390016). Which shud be better in terms of processing power, i feel like both are equal so is there any other difference exept GPU?

EDIT: any difference between i7-4700 and i7-4702??

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Looks like i lenovo is beter...But i cant decide between Z510(59-398016) and Y510p(59-390016). Which shud be better in terms of processing power, i feel like both are equal so is there any other difference exept GPU?

EDIT: any difference between i7-4700 and i7-4702??

200Mhz difference. 10w more power.

- - - Updated - - -

4700MQ is better.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
it does since 2009 update

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the 4702 is more inclined for power saving or something according to another thread

4702 has the advantage of lesser heat generation,lower power consumption and at the same time no skimping too much on performance.

OP
P

praneetsah

Broken In
Well i went to the store today but the Z510 didn't looked convincing to me in terms of looks, which are really poor...and whereas the hp,, just looks professional, sleek, se*y and just awesome...then i moved on to HP and had folowing GOOD options out of all i.e. HP envy 15-j111tx and the envy 15j-133tx...The problem is that both of them have same featres, same processor then why is there price difference of 3-5K while j133tx being exensive?? The shop owner him self didnt had good point for this (and i will never trust them too, cause they once said that all i5 have FHD :p )...Anyways does anyne has answer to this...i googled it but found some fake speification of hese two models, where one site said that these have 720p display.So waiting for quick answer..

I think you can see the differences here :
HP Envy 15-j133TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) vs HP Envy 15-j111TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) vs Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flipkar

As you can see Y510p is the best: Better GPU (2GB GDDR5 GT755M > 4GB GT750M) & a Full HD display (also a DVD writer, if it concerns you), at the cost of 0.5kg weight

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@OP Get the HP one if you think that it looks nice and due to its less weight.
It's true that the specs of Y510p are significantly superior to HP Envy but the Envy wins in portability.
Also multi-tasking is a pain in HD screen, this is where you wanna consider FHD in Y510p.

OP
P

praneetsah

Broken In
A very late reply, but to inform you guys, I bought the y510p i7 variant from my local market for 75K and bag, headphone, wireless mouse, 8GB PD were freebies :D The laptop is seriously amazing...and the keyboard is not at all a problem. A must buy product for everyone!

Top Bottom