Want to buy an Android under 6k

sushovan

In the zone
Ive got my hands on a friend's P2 last week. installed CWM, took a backup, Rooted it, deleted a lot of useless apps like antivirus, poker, Du battery saver etc. The handset is really powerful and the best you can get under 6k. Completely blows Galaxy S Duos 2 except the camera. The camera is horrible as its fixed focus and you need a good pair of headphones to do justice to the phones sound quality. Temple run 2 at high graphics, Dead trigger 2 with medium settings ran without a hitch.

P.S - Played a 720p DTS BDRip in MX player and ran flawlessly in H/W+ Decode.1080p Lagged but you cant expect everything et this price range. Karbonn A12+ is also good but there has been plenty of complaints about its erratic touch keys and dismal battery backup.

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Great to read a positive feedback, Sushovan. BTW, what is CWM?

Ive got my hands on a friend's P2 last week. installed CWM, took a backup, Rooted it, deleted a lot of useless apps like antivirus, poker, Du battery saver etc. The handset is really powerful and the best you can get under 6k. Completely blows Galaxy S Duos 2 except the camera. The camera is horrible as its fixed focus and you need a good pair of headphones to do justice to the phones sound quality. Temple run 2 at high graphics, Dead trigger 2 with medium settings ran without a hitch.

P.S - Played a 720p DTS BDRip in MX player and ran flawlessly in H/W+ Decode.1080p Lagged but you cant expect everything et this price range. Karbonn A12+ is also good but there has been plenty of complaints about its erratic touch keys and dismal battery backup.

kaz

right here
My take on the P2 -
Hardware wise its a decent phone. Played subway surfer and it was very smooth.
But the ui Gionee has opted for is bad. The texts are huge and transition effects (animations) make the UI little slow (specially while you are navigating through settings) and unfortunately you can't change any of these. The popup notifications looks ugly too. I wish they had opted for stock Android instead then it would have been much better.
Camera on the P2 is below average. It lacks details and the pics comes out grainy even in decent lightening. Even my 3mp on LG P500 beats that easily. But not to forget its a below 6000rs. phone and at that price point 2mp is what LG & Samsung have to offer.

Speaker is good in terms of clarity.
720p HD videos played very smoothly in MXPlayer though forwarding(by sliding finger) was a bit laggy.

Overall its a decent phone but I'm unaware of other options available in this price range.
If you can live without Android then Lumia 520 @7500 is a good deal too (someone told me that it was selling for 7000rs. on Flipkart few days back). Also Xolo Q700 is a good option for little extra.

My mother bought Micromax Canvas Fun A63, 2 days ago on my recommendation.
The phone is lag free so far. It played 1080p videos in HW mode in MX player :shock: , though it lagged while seeking. Battery life is good enough, would easily last for a day on average usage (better battery life than Galaxy Y). Camera is bad(worse than Galaxy Y). The front camera can be used for network video calling too(ofcourse you can use it with Skype n all)

Display specs are good but still it doesn't look good (maybe because my eyes are adjusted to my N4's screen & S2's screen). Overall I would say that its a great phone @ 6k but my friend's XOLO A500S with IPS display had better camera, so that would be a better choice, but its approx 1k more

kaz

right here
Yes A500s is a good phone and looks good in pictures too..

This is Digit's recommendation for you:
Best Budget Smartphones under Rs. 10,000 in India (December 2013) - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

Top Bottom