Want to buy a PC for 30-35K for Video Editing

Karan_19

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I want to Run Video Editing Applications like Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects,Along with that I want to run Programming Applications Like Android SDK/Eclipse/Java and looking forward to learn Ios and DOT NET too in near future. I want a system in which I can render videos as fast as possible,I also want to use Handbrake to compress my videos in least possible time.
Not a very big fan of gaming but I want to Play GTA V and other cool PC games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k INR is budget and I can try upto 35k maybe

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don’t know I am noob when it comes to computer hardware.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7/8/10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB(I Already have it though,bought it an year back)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have AOC Monitor with 21 inch screen(I guess) and 1600 X 900 is the max display on this monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Internal HDD and Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in Next 2 -3 Months probably

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in North Delhi and I am willing to buy from Wazir Pur

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am looking for the configuration for a longer run,I won’t mind changing certain parts in future to upgrade

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Budget is not sufficient to get a decent build. See if you can increase your budget, if not get Pentium now and save up to get i7 and a better GPU (when you upgrade probably there will be a GTX 1050/1060. For long run, go for Skylake.

G4400 - 4700 (Save enough to get i7)
Asus B150M Plus - 7850
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB - 2700 (add more memory when you have money)
Hyper 212X - 3000 (If you're not gonna overclock, this should be sufficient for your use of handbrake)
Seasonic S12 II 520W - 5600 (This is sufficient enough to handle GTX 980 when you upgrade)
Generic cabinet - 1500 (Since there is not sufficient budget, you can't fancy a fancy cabby)
750 Ti - 10500 (Upgrade this when you have money something like GTX 960)
KB/Mouse - 800

Total - 36650/-

Get BD drive, SSD and all when necessary.

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=323144]Karan_19[/MENTION],

As per [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] update I agree with him. if you are looking for a video editing rig; you really need to add a good GPU for graphics and RAM 16GB (8x2) for speed. If you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater increase in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

Just a suggestion, if you have the extra budget, then I'd suggest you to upgrade the RAM with high frequency like 1866Mhz DDR4.

I also noticed that you choose only HDD for storage. I'd also suggest you to add the SSD in your build. The SSD mostly used as the OS/boot drive or storage drive. It all depends on your choice and budget. I agree that the SSD is expensive, however, they are worth for every penny.

Hope it helps.

OP
K

Karan_19

Right off the assembly line
Budget is not sufficient to get a decent build. See if you can increase your budget, if not get Pentium now and save up to get i7 and a better GPU (when you upgrade probably there will be a GTX 1050/1060. For long run, go for Skylake.

G4400 - 4700 (Save enough to get i7)
Asus B150M Plus - 7850
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB - 2700 (add more memory when you have money)
Hyper 212X - 3000 (If you're not gonna overclock, this should be sufficient for your use of handbrake)
Seasonic S12 II 520W - 5600 (This is sufficient enough to handle GTX 980 when you upgrade)
Generic cabinet - 1500 (Since there is not sufficient budget, you can't fancy a fancy cabby)
750 Ti - 10500 (Upgrade this when you have money something like GTX 960)
KB/Mouse - 800

Total - 36650/-

Get BD drive, SSD and all when necessary.

What Shall be the final budget according to you,considering SSD and everything else(Except BD Drive) considering building a decent PC

Top Bottom